MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
same problem.. They are hard to work on to i hear, mainly cos of the size of the bay

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
i have seen more Fs and TFs on the road side in a cloud of steam than i have Zrs.....

same problem and more expensive to repair due to the lack of access - takes longer, more labour.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The F/TF is more prone to problems due to the mid-mounted engine. Most HGFs are caused by coolant loss, and the F has 2 long metal coolant pipes that run the length of the car that corrode through.

·
Registered
533 Posts
They are not too difficult to get to to work on. We do most of the work with the engine in situ, including head gaskets, clutch changes, etc. Certainly a lot easier than the Lotus Elise!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmm i suppose, but the zr and rover 25 are known for HGF but that doesnt stop all you lot going out any buying them,
anyway, if you keep on top of everything maintainence wise, theres no reason why an F couldnt be as reliable as any other mid engined car

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
theres no reason why an F couldnt be as reliable as any other mid engined car

he he, mid engined cars aren't know for their reliability tbh.

As other people have suggested, apart from the pita that is lack of space, all the cooling etc has to be elongated to the front of the car and over all the cooling is reduced.

Obviously some marques are better than others but I see high cost for little gain, working on an MR2 for example is a lot of fun :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts