MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the fact that the MG ZR was one of the best selling lickle cars of last year, Why is it so fu**ing difficult to get a set of McGard locking wheel nuts off the shelf?

I must have been in 10 different Hellfrauds looking for sets 24130 / 24010 and none of 'em have 'em.

Friggin things look as though they have just gone up as well - new stock is up to £34.99.

Original Rover ones are pants, but are there any other options?

AAAAAAAAAAggghh :x:

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
charlie will ring you in morning when ive had chance to ring round
busy week forgot all about it sorry mate went right out my head
:hiding: :hiding:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stew, If you can get hold of some that would be great. :up: But don't put yerself out though mate.

I was wondering if there was maybe a shortage or something.

Can't believe that Halfords stock virtually nothing on the shelf for the ZR, given the amount of cars that have been sold.

If you drive a crappy bag of sh;te Nova or Corsa or a Pug 206 etc there's loadsa stuff on the shelf.

Admittedly, they do need plenty of improving, but still.......... :x:

I know that Halfords are not particularly cheap, but it can be convenient (or would be if they had anything) to go and pick stuff up straight away.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ones on my March 04 Zed are the same shitty ones that were on my '95 Rover 214 Cabriolet.

I have only taken 'em off once (last weekend, to swap my wheels) and they are already showing signs of wear.

Incidentally and slightly off topic, (s'alright cos its my thread), although Tony160 claims to have "invented" the armrest mod, I put a centre armrest from a coupe into that car at least 8 years ago.........just shows there's nothing new eh ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
DriveBy said:
The ones on my March 04 Zed are the same shitty ones that were on my '95 Rover 214 Cabriolet.
Then your car was sat around for a while as they came in before that IIRC

But anyway, the dealer will do them.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
DriveBy said:

I have only taken 'em off once (last weekend, to swap my wheels) and they are already showing signs of wear.

Incidentally and slightly off topic, (s'alright cos its my thread), although Tony160 claims to have "invented" the armrest mod, I put a centre armrest from a coupe into that car at least 8 years ago.........just shows there's nothing new eh ;)
...........& people have put the arm rest into 200/25 bubble shape for ages,also if you look in the first copy of total mg there is one of the first 160 ZR's in there with it fitted so i to dout he was the first .

·
989 Posts
i got mine fromhalfrauds in south shields ... cost me an arm like but i wasnt bothered ...

29 quid or summit along those lines had them in when i ws there ... they just had to go digging around the back rooms

G

·
DriveBy said:
Given the fact that the MG ZR was one of the best selling lickle cars of last year, Why is it so fu**ing difficult to get a set of McGard locking wheel nuts off the shelf?

I must have been in 10 different Hellfrauds looking for sets 24130 / 24010 and none of 'em have 'em.

Friggin things look as though they have just gone up as well - new stock is up to £34.99.

Original Rover ones are pants, but are there any other options?

AAAAAAAAAAggghh :x:
Are you sure they are the correct items as the thread quoted for those are imperial (the ZR uses metric thread)

You will also need to check that you get the right length expacially if you have 17" straights as some of them the length will stick out past the face of the wheel and you wont be able to fit the cap.

The thread type is M12 X 1.5, with a hex size of 19mm to fit your brace. The ones you have quoted are all imperial so will damage the threads if you try and use them.

Here is a link to the site tyo help you choose
http://www.mcgard.co.uk/

Just for interest I am using 24012 as I need the low profile type to fit under the cap of my Wolfrace wheels.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that info Nick - the numbers I quoted, were the numbers in the Halfords catalogue - doesn't surprise me that they are listed incorrectly.

G

·
DriveBy said:
Thanks for that info Nick - the numbers I quoted, were the numbers in the Halfords catalogue - doesn't surprise me that they are listed incorrectly.
When I bought my set from Halfrauds they quoted me exactly the same, even ordered them in specially for me. When I got them home and tried them they seemed excessivley stiff as well as way too long. When I popped onto the McGards site I relaised the cock-up with the threads so got the number I wanted and went back to Halfrauds to confront them.

They still stood by the book they had despite it being pointed out that they were the wrong thread.

The most annoying thing was they had the ones I wanted on the shelf and so I need not have waited the 2 weeks for the special order :wallb:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am sorted with some now peeps. thanks for yer help (as always). :up:

Forum comes through again eh? If I had been able to pick some up straight off the shelf, they would have been wrong anyway, it seems. :x:

Still, we all know the score now............ :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts