MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My good friend Craig spent the whole day today helping me get the ZR ready for Fast & Modified in 2 weeks.
The guy is a total gentleman! :yes:

Im starting to love my wee ZR again, which is nice, and its really starting to get back to its former glory :thumbsup:

We gave it an oil change, new oil filter, flushed the entire coolant system including the heater matrix (where me and Craig ended up soaked! :D), new coolant, new front engine mount, re-fitted my rally mudflaps and repaired my somewhat knackered rally bumper.

Had a great day, and the weather stayed nice for us too!

A few pics of how its standing at the moment (notice the brick under the bumper on the driverside which is holding up the bumper till the Sikaflex dries :blush:).............

And a short vid of its now healthy sounding T-16 turbo engine.......

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Love your zed m8 ever since i met you that day.

Also noticed you have caught the rally bumper on the corners near the wheels like i have :(

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Im really starting to love the car again! Its been a long 5 months, with the car being off the road for 2 1/2 months of it :(

Its running well now tho, that engine is a good runner and should see me good for a while yet. Ive started the ball rolling with a new forged engine tho ;)

There will be wheels which will suit it better, but im wanting to keep it as "standard" looking as possible. Other than the rally bumper, there isnt alot else thats non-standard :D
Under bonnot mods is where its at ;)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love your zed m8 ever since i met you that day.

Also noticed you have caught the rally bumper on the corners near the wheels like i have :(
Was good to meet you that day Danny. Kinda sad you'll not make Fast & Modified :(

My rally bumper is ****ed! That was the best we could get it looking, and its still a mess!
Im not paying a bodyshop to tart it up again tho, its just too low at the front. Ill keep it till its wrecked then punt it on :)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Sounds bubblishous mate, can't wait to see it at the F&M show. :bounce:

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yer i guess. People will still think its just a normal zr then it goes pschhhhhh lol
A guy at the local scrappies said there is a rumour going about that it has a Sabre dump valve simulator!! :(

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
i want boooost now :(

but i do think bring back the old wheels mate either the zs's or the gt's

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds bubblishous mate, can't wait to see it at the F&M show. :bounce:
Sweet matey, i didnt reaslise your coming to F&M!
Will be good to finally meet you :)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Sweet matey, i didnt reaslise your coming to F&M!
Will be good to finally meet you :)
Certainly am dude, be nice to meet you too and your fellow Scotsman. :)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i want boooost now :(

but i do think bring back the old wheels mate either the zs's or the gt's
lol boost is where its at!! ;)

Nah, the straights are here to stay im afraid. Im thinkin about getting them reburbed in white, but we shall see ;)

The straights are as close to rally car wheels as you can get without spending a fortune on Compomotive wheels :yes:

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
nah i really like those wheels, love how the car looks

id put a 206 rear wiper on there though mate would look 100000x better!

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Certainly am dude, be nice to meet you too and your fellow Scotsman. :)
Superb! Im glad to see a good few members from down south are making the trip up. Its gonna be a great day!
Ive always had a great welcome when ive gone down south, so now its our turn to welcome youz lot. Fun, BBQ and much laughter will be had! :D

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
No need to thank me mate, Its always a great day messing about with the turbo zr :) I think we did pretty well. It was nice to have an apprentice in Fiona too :)

i took a couple of pics I'll post them when I work out how to upload them on my new phone. Im just glad iv still got the bloody phone after my little misshap :D

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nah i really like those wheels, love how the car looks

id put a 206 rear wiper on there though mate would look 100000x better!
Whats a 206 wiper Rory matey?? :wacko:

You still heading to F&M matey? Look forward to meeting you if you are :)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No need to thank me mate, Its always a great day messing about with the turbo zr :) I think we did pretty well. It was nice to have an apprentice in Fiona too :)

i took a couple of pics I'll post them when I work out how to upload them on my new phone. Im just glad iv still got the bloody phone after my little misshap :D
Was a great day big man! What a laugh! Especially when i hosed your pocket!! lol :D :D
Fiona was a good help :yes:

You were soooooo lucky with your phone! I couldnt believe it was still there! :wacko:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts