Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends...... (give reasons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a minor disagrement with my bf last night on the discussion on mariage. He never wants to get married and see's no point in it. Now I've been brought up thinking it is the right thing to do. Admittingly I don't want any kids so it's not that important but what are your opinions on this matter?

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Marriage is v important to me!! But i'm very traditional!! I dont think its something u necessarily need, but i personally would like to get married!! But saying that its gotta be something u noth want and are both ready for!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Im agreeing with Vic on this one!

·
Banned
652 Posts
To be honest I think it depends on the situation.....

I am happily married, have been for the last 11 years...however we got married for the children, my eldest 2 arent davids and he wanted to adopt them.....so we got married......David would have been quite happy though to have stayed as we were if the situation had been different.....me ...yeah I kinda like the idea!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ewa and I have been married 18 years this year and to be honest we have had our highs and lows like everyone.The main thing is you marry because you love each other.......

The secret to long married life???

Honesty and faithfullness!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Alot of men seem to be put off by the tag of being married. Talk to him about the reasons why he doesn't want to get married, it is because all his mates are still unmarried, or is he scared of being tied down (though I can't see the difference of long term b/f & g/f and being married, still incrediably difficult to split up).

Unfortunately it is each to his own, marriage just isn't the right thing for some people. He may change his view in time, but then again if you are happy as you are then I see no real difference apart from a certificate.

Steve

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Personnal history can have a major play on marriage decisions. Myself and my ex-wife where in the same class all through senior school, we had 2 kids then got married and stayed married for 7 years - we where together for 15 in total.

I was devistated when we broke up and it didn't do much for my finances either.

My girlfriend has been married and had 3 kids and also went through a nasty divorce. We have been together now for 3 years and have decided to live together but marriage is one thing that neither of us want to do.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
tony-160vvc said:
Ewa and I have been married 18 years this year and to be honest we have had our highs and lows like everyone.The main thing is you marry because you love each other.......

The secret to long married life???

Honesty and faithfullness!!!
when i met tina the missing part in my life was filled :love:

·
3,634 Posts
I always thought i'd probably get married one day !! I've always wanted to !!

Am 28 now and been with a few different girls and thought this is it but been proved wrong !!!

I've still got faith in tne idea of getting married and living happily ever but it seems most girls i meet are'nt intrested in living happily ever after !!! :hurt: :hurt: :hurt:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Im on second time around!!

I knew my Hubby when he was 15 years old...but as i was then 18 we never got it together as he was at school still and it didnt seem right. I then met my first husband and had the most miserable 2 years of my life. A year after we divorced i ended up with hubby and will always regret not going with my heart all those years ago.
We have got a gorgeous daughter and we tell her she used to ask how she was 'made' we would tell her...with love!!

Its great cos hes my toyboy lol!!

:blink2:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Well thats it in a nutshell...if you love and care and look at that person and know you want to be with them when your old and grey and through good and bad...then do it

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The problem is Jacqui - you are currently on lease with an option to buy and don't loose half on a trade in :)

Only joking - marriage is a serious commitment that only you and your partner will know if it's right.

Tony is completely right , honesty and faithfulness are very important - if you haven't got that you haven't got a chance.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Totally agree, u gotta be honest and faithful whatever relationship u r in (although I have been screwed over by a couple of people who didnt feel the same as me :hurt: ). I am with the most wonderful woman I have ever known, and love her with all my heart, and we are gettin married next September :loveit: , and I cant wait, but I am another very traditional person. TBH, u need to talk things thru with him and find out exactly why he doesnt want to get married, and just try and find something you are both happy with. At the end of the day, all couples have their ups and downs, but so long as you are both happy, then that is ALL that matters!!!!!

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Richard said:

Am 28 now and been with a few different girls...and sheep!!!

he he he...a few...you slag!

I dont wanna get married, not for a long while yet cos ive only just started enjoying my freedom so i dont wanna fcuk my life up that much!

marriage = :wallb:

·
3,634 Posts
GIL5294 said:
Richard said:

Am 28 now and been with a few different girls...and sheep!!!

he he he...a few...you slag!

I dont wanna get married, not for a long while yet cos ive only just started enjoying my freedom so i dont wanna fcuk my life up that much!

marriage = :wallb:
At least mine cant remember the war !!!!! :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith: :keith:

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
he he he...im winning the bet BTW...check out the comp section fro some interesting points!

Nowt wrong with older women too BTFW...not that im with one now...

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Richard said:
Hey a few slips from Chelsea and am in pole posistion !!
Like thats gonna happen..plus i got Charlton and you aint got fcuk al chace with Villa...plus with our 2nd and 3rd choice we both get a point either way!

£50, 50 spondooleys, 50 smackarooneys, 50 bar, 50 notes...on their way to the North East in a couple of months...heh heh heh!

·
Registered
19 Posts
well me and phillipa have been engaged for nearly 9 years now we have lived together for 8 of them and we worlk togther , wer going to get married one day, wer happy the way we are at the min so thats how we will stay for a while

1 - 20 of 27 Posts