MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good monday morning to you all (is that the time), car is back in today for water leak wheels should be here latter so the next thing is springs

1. which ones
2. how much should i pay
3. how much do they really drop the car
4. best place to get them
5. how easy/hard are they to fit (ive fitted ford/vw /bmw/mr2/audi/vahx) and a few more

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bansheemotorsport Ha Ha had my strut brace from him cool, wot about fitting, is it pritty much straight forward.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
just realised that... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :eek:oops: :eek:oops:

Sorry, bit early for me :lol:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: :lol: so have you any more bright ideas for a monday morning :grin: :grin: and i thank you for you kind efforts,

·
Registered
4,039 Posts

How mechanically minded are you, fitting the springs is not that difficult, just takes a bit of time and patience.

You do need spring compressors as well.

Steve

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as i say above done about 10/12 differant cars over the years and i can do all my own servicing and replace engines ect so im quite handy just woundering if there was anything off the beaten track i should look for, i have some compressors, so just need to order me springs from banshee,

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
If you have done other cars ****, you won't have any problems really, normal MacPherson strut up front and simple coil over shock type rears. I would assume it would take about 1 to 2 hours each front corner, maybe quicker as your bolts should be easy to undo. And about an hour for each rear one.

You will need to undo the tie bar from the front lower arm, just 2 15mm bolts, and remove the anti roll bar drop link from the lower arm. This will give you enough movement on the lower arm to remove it from the strut.

Strut is held in with one bolt to the lower arm. Once you have done this you can undo the 3 top mount bolts and the strut should come out.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts