MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently put a set of the strights onto my zr, but its a bit high wanted to lower it to look good whats the recomendations when it comes to lowering a diesel zr, i dont want a harsh ride though mainly after looks really. cheers

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well there are a few options, depending on what you want to achieve and your budget.

Xpower by Eibach
Eibach
Motorbuild (Harsh)
Coilovers
Possibly a combination of Red and Black Avos, but I dont know if anyone did it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh right cheers mate, just want a good ride with a good look just think the zr is quite high 40mm i think shouldbe ok do you agree

·
Registered
730 Posts
oh right cheers mate, just want a good ride with a good look just think the zr is quite high 40mm i think shouldbe ok do you agree
40mm seems a lot if you want good ride quality. The Eibach will drop it only by 20mm. You might need a set of coilovers, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
388 Posts
just realle depends how low u want, and how harsh a ride u can take. lot of ppl rate the eibach springs with the std zr dampers, but it will not lower too much. o do it rpoperly u need a set of coilovers, as all the suspension companys dont design a suspension kit (dampers and springs) to suit the diesels, so it will always sit abit lower at the fornt end, and give a harsher ride. The problem is the k series is half the weight of a l series, and is hard to get a setup to suit. If your anything lower than 20-30mm would suggest coilovers for a good setup.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
so are coilovers the better option for comfort ?

·
Registered
388 Posts
coilovers give u sportier, lowered and with better comfort.

·
Registered
388 Posts
no problem, thats wat the diesel section is for

1 - 13 of 13 Posts