MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a set of springs for my Mk2 ZR but cant seem to find a garage that will fit them in Falkirk :(, anyone got any recomendations or garages in the surrounding areas that would fit them?

Thanks.

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
Can't you do it yourself? All you need is a set of spring clamps (halfords £10) and a socket set. That's all we needed for my old corsa. Took about an hour or so. Have to be careful the clamps don't slip though, or the spring could fly off and catch your face. That'll sting a bit!!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye it might sting just a bit lol :) dont fancy trying it maself, knowin ma luck al f**k it up lol!

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
Probably best if you're not sure what to do. I have a cousin that lives in stirling. You prob don't know him tho!? Ross Taylor. Has a sister Louise?

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
thumpjunkie will do it, if not there is a garage called sounds of silence through in falkirk, Owner is called Dave just go up and he will sort you out

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Na a dont know him mate, from Falkirk, put Stirling down as the location cause Falkirk aint down lol :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thumpjunkie will do it, if not there is a garage called sounds of silence through in falkirk, Owner is called Dave just go up and he will sort you out
Thanks mate will go down n check it out ;)

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
I got mine done by Progrip in Bonnybridge, just along the road from Hypertech

Thing is with lowering springs you really should get the wheel alignment done at the same time. I found my rear wheels went quite a bit out after fitting the XPower springs. Progrip has the best 4 wheel alignment system in the central belt, if not Scotland

Tell him Ross with the ZS sent you and you might even get a discount

1 - 17 of 17 Posts