MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things here peeps.........

1. lost pm's.................I am gonna ask keogh if it's possible to get at the PM's off the old site .............I don't know if it is or not ...........but I'll try for Ya !!!!

2. Post counts /Stars...........There is an idea flitin round that instead of the "newbie" or "senior" poster tags ...we introduce a tier system ..Bit like this ......

Bronze member
Silver Member
Gold Member ...........(no jokes on that one I've heard em all!!)
Diamond Member
Platinum Member

Want do you think ??????.good idea? .....crap idea ?

·
2,039 Posts
can we say its a crap idea ............lol

Sounds ok to me keith, cant the girls have diamante instead........lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
be pretty difficult to get the pms from the old site as:

1. Different DB Structure, and it would have to be scripted to get put in.

2. Even more trickier is that the user_ids have all changed... would take ages to find the user_id for "x" on the new forum... and "x" might not even be registered!

So I wouldn't go with that idea, start from scratch I say.

p.s. Don't ask me who "x" is cos I made him up :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
keogh said:
be pretty difficult to get the pms from the old site as:

1. Different DB Structure, and it would have to be scripted to get put in.

2. Even more trickier is that the user_ids have all changed... would take ages to find the user_id for "x" on the new forum... and "x" might not even be registered!

So I wouldn't go with that idea, start from scratch I say.

p.s. Don't ask me who "x" is cos I made him up :)
Thanks fer that Steve ...........lots of people have asked me so I thought it only fair I should at least try for them !

So there you have it people.. the PM's from the old site are gone fer good I'm afraid ........................Sorry!!!!!!!

G

·
:?: is there any chance of getting all the previous members email addresses so if there lost out there somewhere & can't find us we can send them an email telling them where we are !!!

only a suggestion mind you :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wega186 said:
:?: is there any chance of getting all the previous members email addresses so if there lost out there somewhere & can't find us we can send them an email telling them where we are !!!

only a suggestion mind you :wink: :wink:
Wega .........all the links to "themgzr.co.uk"...now point to here ......it was only a problem during the transfer of the actual name.........if anybody types in the site name it will automatically be directed to here !!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wega186 said:
:wink: ok keith cheers for update mate ,,,,,,,,

just wounered where the other 1500 members where :cry:
So were we mate .............so were we !!!!!!

There were a lot of peeps on the other site that just registered & then never came back ..0 posters ...........I think most of the "Hardcore" members will be around within the next 2/3 weeks .......

Am keepin me fingers crossed !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah alot of the "members" on the last site didnt make one post.... so they may return, but that may be ages away as they arent really interested.

Also some of those would have been corsa,paxo,nova boys/gals who may have wanted to fool around. Hopefully those [email protected] wont return!.. unless they werent considering fooling around then they are more than welcome :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm OK with anything like that but would feel a little uncomfotable iwth "Gold member" writtewne under my name :eek:hwell:

Just 2 points - aren't diamonds more expensive than platinum ? And if the posting rockets like last time what are you going to call the next levels ?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Sounds ok I guess, at the end of the day If your a person who gets a kick out of a bit of 'rank' or whatever you call it then crack on.
For instance I only get to come on here on a weekend when Im home and It took me months to get senior poster before, I hope people dont change the way they think just because they have a few stars next to there name, everyone is the same on here because we all have that fooking great ZED!

P.S Congratulations to all the new site admins and moderators.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ohh my first post!!

I personally don't think you should have ranks - after all they shouldn't matter! I would prefer to have a customisable title under my user name - but that's just me! Whatever the rest of you want is good enough for me!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts