MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i was hopeing someone could help me with this problem i have had for over a year?
i have a MGZR 120+
on hot days or after driveing it for more then a hour the engine will start to get hot and the engine will lose power.the car will get to 4000rpm and then seems to want to go no more?
the manifold will also be glowing red from it being so hot
it has had a custom exhaust fitted(had problem before fitted) also has bin lowered.which is why i can't take it back to MG.
i have spent about £500 trying to find this problem but no one has found it yet.
this is my last hope.

·
Registered
165 Posts
well if its an engine problem you should be able to take it back, as long as the problem hasn't been caused by one of the mods !

·
Registered
422 Posts
if u rly dont wanna take it back then only thing i think of is get as many cold air feeds as u can and direct them at the point thats over heating

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MG have said that they won't do anymore work on it last time i took it in to them.then charged me £98.09 for looking at it for just over a hour.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
if its under warranty (with the mods youve listed it should be) then they cant charge you for it.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
This smacks of an airflow/water temp sensor problem. If either of these are faulty they could well be sending a false signal to the ecu. This in turn could be altering the fuel air mixture/ign timing to such a degree that it is making the mixture too lean. If you make the fuel air mix too lean you can cause the engine to overheat.

That might be your problem as there is something quite sereious if your manifold is getting that hot to glow. The only thing I can think of to cause that type of overheat is a totally wrong fuel/air mix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts