MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these this morning. \:D/ :cool: \:D/

Going to go and have a go at fitting them now.

Anyone want me to do some install photos as a "How to"? :-k

·
Wannabe Photoshop Guru
1,584 Posts
yes droog take loads of pics...i think this is one mod i could do with a how to....would be excellent...thanx!

oh by the way, who supplied the dials and how much did they cost?

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
Do we have a "How to do" section yet? I reckon that when people post to it, they oughta add where they get the bits from as well.

Cheers. Ewan.

·
892 Posts
Yeah mate, pics for a tutorial would be good!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are fitted and running:

What a BUGGER of a job!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Cost just over £100 because I wanted the MG logo (cost an extra £15 for that). You can have them in any colour you wish (these are electric blue, pale blue for the KPH and Burgundy for the logo and rpm limit).

This is the first set for a ZR and are based on the 25 ( they need modifying and I will need to get back onto the company to let them know about that.)

Thay can also do ANY logo you wish and ANY font (for an extra £25). They can even do a silver backing that when lit from the back changes colour (I am getting them to make me a shade for the engine lights like that so when that arrives you can see that)

It is fairly straightforward until you come to the temp and fuel gauges. The needle spindles are incredibly fragile and I broke both of them (and the 200 gauges I got but luckily I managed to sort out how to do it by the time I got hold of the 25 gauges...hence the white needles which I wanted anyway as I wanted shot of the orange)

Just got to sort out the background colour of the LCD dispaly to look like the clock and I'll be happy.

I have taken some pictures of the install procedure but I will say it again, if you do decide to do this yourself be very VERY VERY careful when you get to the temp/fuel gauges.

BTW. The purple back/front lighting round the edge is my own addition and is done with EL wire, nothing to do with the kit.

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
Mouth wateringly good matey. I think you've earned more than a Blue Peter badge for that. :)

Cheers. Ewan.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts