MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Q: I have a mgzr 1.4. I just wanted to know were you got the superchip from because a 22bhp gain is very good for a superchip. Answered on 26-Nov-04
A: The usual amount to gain from a superchip is around 18 - 20 bhp i paid a little extra around 500 quid for the improved one i cant remember the exact name but will pull out ht edetails and send you the companys details either tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
455 Posts
t reg? i'm thinkin its a 25 not a zed

·
570 Posts
Few comments on the first one :

"18inch wolfrace 7 spoke alloys" - does anyone else think they look more like 16's? (Maybe 17 at a push)

A truely fantastic car with interest from max power and redline, so you could be in the magazine with this car if you buy it - we all know how fussy MP are these days unless you've spent tens of thousands of £££s.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dj-rs said:
dont really matter it would still beat ANY production ZR.
*cough rally spec ZR*

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
dj-rs said:
dont really matter it would still beat ANY production ZR.
In a straight line maybe... but we all know real driving isnt about straight lines ;)

I'm just not one who see's the appeal in a 'fake' or 'clone'. If you're gonna dump a 2.0 Turbo Rover engine, into a Rover - then call it a bloody Rover, dont fake being an MG [-X

·
Registered
82 Posts
More ZR Replicas

Don't let's going down the slagging off Rover road again, please. Rover get enough shit from the press withouth MG drivers joining in. Since they dropped and stiffened the suspension for the 2003 model year 25s there's not a lot of difference, the lastest 25s are better still and with the option of 'sports' suspension I doubt you'd even notice. I get more annoyed with little boys wrecking their poor Rover 200s and 25s trying to go all MAX Power than I do with adults buidling cars properly. Not everyone can afford a ZR. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery...etc etc

Can't say I'd like to buy that TB Zed from the guy who says it has 'Type R performance'..just image how 'well' it's been treated and driven.

I like the silver turbo 200, really well done, although I can't see why you'd want to go tearing a Vi apart to do it - if you're going to change everything surely better to start with a cheap 1.4 8v or 1.1?

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
True cant really understand why people with rovers badge their cars as mg's thus me having no mg badges. Im proud that my car is a rover 200 it shows just how much work as gone into it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts