MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new tyre fitted yesterday, they broke my locking wheel nut key after doing it up my lockin wheel nut to tight, i now need to purchase a new 1, can i get it through my dealer? how much do they cost?

·
Registered
85 Posts
mate, the MG ones are awful god knows what they are made of because its not strong enough to be metal. Try McGaurd, I am on my 2 set mof ZR locking nuts :x:

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
S4RK1 said:
mate, the MG ones are awful god knows what they are made of because its not strong enough to be metal. Try McGaurd, I am on my 2 set mof ZR locking nuts :x:
Change to these mate, i did. :up:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Spend about £25 and get a set of McGaurd ones mate. Personally i think the insurance company's have missed a beat with these. It a ned wants your wheels and cant get them off they will knick your car instead.

·
Registered
549 Posts
does any one know the part code for the McGaurd ones that will fit a ZR105 with 17" straights as i have heard that some stick out too much and the MG centre covers wont go on

cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah.. you can buy the special wheel locking removal tool from halfords..

It is £9.99p and is bloody good for gettinmg them off.

You can always try a aligator socket...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Even the McGard Locking wheels nuts are crap(MG Version)anyway, All new model Zeds are fitted with McGard www.mcgard.com nuts, but my key sheared, and I'm still waiting for a replacement(have got the dealers master key at the moment), I had a Ford before hand and they took allsorts of abuse and still worked!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
a moron mashed my locking wheel nut key when they took off my wheels and didn't tell us, had to drill off the old nuts and fit new ones.

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
KevG said:
Even the McGard Locking wheels nuts are crap(MG Version)anyway, All new model Zeds are fitted with McGard www.mcgard.com nuts, but my key sheared, and I'm still waiting for a replacement(have got the dealers master key at the moment), I had a Ford before hand and they took allsorts of abuse and still worked!!
Were they set with a torque wrench or some hand fisted monkey at a back street garage?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts