MG ZR Forums banner

Locked threads

815 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Ice Maiden 
#1 ·
This is a question about locking of threads............are any threads where people voice their opinions going to be locked after a half a dozen comments.

Not having a go, but are the users going to be allowed to say what they think about a certain subject without the fear of having that thread locked?

I understand that some topics could lead to verbal slanging matches and if the remarks were insulting then action should be taken, but is freedom of speech going to be allowed or not ?

And if people accidentally post in the wrong area are they going to be berated for it ?

This is just a thought that i would like cleared up.

#2 ·
You have freedom of speech which we all do.But we all must remember that to berate someone or question someones choice of whatever is going to lead to conflicts,thats why Mark locked those threads to nip it in the bud..thats all.

Of course you are free to air your views on whatever subject you choose,the thread will run its own course as ever.But if the thread posts become offensive or a slanging match they will be either edited or locked.

The owners and mods want this site to work for everyone as I appreciate the regular members do too,so lets make it happen. :D

And no one will be berated for posting in the wrong room,it will just be moved quietly :wink:

For any more info see Marks thread regarding rules etc.....

#3 ·
I presume yer refering to the threads which have been locked !! TBH i saw them comin and was no suprise to me ! Too many changes i think to start the new site off !! always gonna cause friction !! but this is how the site is to be run !! Peeps just have to abide by the rules as simple as that !! They are there for the good of eveyone !! there will always be probs and arguments its how life is !! Its just up to the mods to deal with them !!

Some of the stuff that was posted was stupid !! if yer got something bad to say its best not posted coz we all got to get on !!

Hope the new admin and mods do a good job !!!

#6 ·
Richy said:
I presume yer refering to the threads which have been locked !! TBH i saw them comin and was no suprise to me ! Too many changes i think to start the new site off !! always gonna cause friction !! but this is how the site is to be run !! Peeps just have to abide by the rules as simple as that !! They are there for the good of eveyone !! there will always be probs and arguments its how life is !! Its just up to the mods to deal with them !!

Some of the stuff that was posted was stupid !! if yer got something bad to say its best not posted coz we all got to get on !!

Hope the new admin and mods do a good job !!!
mate i agree unfortunately in life there must be people in charge , you may not always agree with them but without them there would be no rules and anarchy would reign , as long as people can speak their mind with constructive thoughts and words i cant see there being to much of a problem . the job has been made a little harder because of the transition happening so quickly but i have every confidence the guys and gal will do a good job. and i for one have no problem with the choices made . good luck guys and be fair thats enough said from me.

#7 ·
We are all different people, so when someone asks for an opinion they are going to get various comments. If someone says do you like my wheels? is everyone going to be politically correct and just say yes to avoid any cross words or bad feelings...........i think not, so what happens then ?

Conflicts are a way of life and if they get out of hand then fair comment, delete the offending post, but if we are not allowed to say what we really think where does that leave us ?

Rules are there for a reason, i apreciate that and will abide by them, but there has to be some flexibility all round to say what you think ?

#8 ·
AndyK160 said:
We are all different people, so when someone asks for an opinion they are going to get various comments. If someone says do you like my wheels? is everyone going to be politically correct and just say yes to avoid any cross words or bad feelings...........i think not, so what happens then ?

Conflicts are a way of life and if they get out of hand then fair comment, delete the offending post, but if we are not allowed to say what we really think where does that leave us ?

Rules are there for a reason, i apreciate that and will abide by them, but there has to be some flexibility all round to say what you think ?

Totally agree Andy as my above post suggests.Bear in mind I never locked ANY threads.Constructive views are fine but if people start slagging off this is what will happen(ie;locked).

#9 ·
Now THAT young Mr Richy is a damn sensible attitude to take......I really like your style !!!!!!!!.........Thank you

It's all too easy when we're sat in our own comfortable surroundings to Flame someone for something they've posted ....perhaps we should ask ourselves ..."Would I really be saying that if that person was standing here in front of me?"......

If that thought popped into our heads for 2 secs before we hit the "Submit" button ....99% of the arguements we had on the last forum prehaps would'nt have happened at all !!!!

If any of you have a problem with ANYTHING that's bin posted then PM one of the mods or the admin .....or even another member you feel comfortable talking to .....Everybody see's things differently what gets up your nose & annoys Ya does'nt necessacellary get up mine or hoogies or tony's ...

Talk it through before hitting that "submit" button .....then we can all see the back of this "locked" thread saga !!!

#10 ·
Didn't this all happen on the previous forum?

I seem to remember being called various names for locking and removing threads - it's a fine line to try and draw.
Allowing people freedom to say what they want but stopping abusive posts as well.
Everyone has a different view of what is opinion and abuse it seems.

I said then that the admin decisions should be accepted no matter what - we effectively allow you to come on the forum and chat etc. so you should follow our rules (I then got called Hitler I think!).

Anyway, what's my point? I'm not sure.
Something like I said before can we keep opinions about mod decisions etc to PM?
I think most PM's relating to the site will get opened up to the admin as a team anyway so if you've got a problem with a mod decision just PM another mod and tell them don't start a "Why was my thread deleted?" thread it just causes arguments. That was far too long a sentence to not have punctuation so I'm clearly tired and blabbering again - I'm gonna go now I think before I make a tit of myself!

"too late"

Who said that!! :roll:

G
#11 ·
I'm not sayin much as u all know really struggled to get on.

But I feel andy has a cracking point and I hope our moderators take note

aint really looked around as yet so I aint commenting, but my over 18's ZR site will be there for the animal in u lol

#13 ·
tbourner said:
Didn't this all happen on the previous forum?

I seem to remember being called various names for locking and removing threads - it's a fine line to try and draw.
Allowing people freedom to say what they want but stopping abusive posts as well.
Everyone has a different view of what is opinion and abuse it seems.

I said then that the admin decisions should be accepted no matter what - we effectively allow you to come on the forum and chat etc. so you should follow our rules (I then got called Hitler I think!).

Anyway, what's my point? I'm not sure.
Something like I said before can we keep opinions about mod decisions etc to PM?
I think most PM's relating to the site will get opened up to the admin as a team anyway so if you've got a problem with a mod decision just PM another mod and tell them don't start a "Why was my thread deleted?" thread it just causes arguments. That was far too long a sentence to not have punctuation so I'm clearly tired and blabbering again - I'm gonna go now I think before I make a tit of myself!

"too late"

Who said that!! :roll:

Yeah i remember !! And it was me who gave yer a hard time !! lol !! but i guess since then we or i have learned how the sites work !! its too easy to get into a row on here !! and i cant be arsed with rowing !! Or is that rowing ?? :?

And Keith yer shocking me here !!! No bush jokes !! just praising :? me ?? :?

#14 ·
Hey Credit where credit is due Richy .......responsible attitude there ....

Taint your fault you spent 3 years at college studying TOPERY !!!!

There now feel better now D Ya??? ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#15 ·
The Hooded Claw said:

There now feel better now D Ya??? ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now yer got me mad !!! it's Topiary !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

and am not responsible !!! :evil: :evil:

am young wild and reckless !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#16 ·
Richy said:
The Hooded Claw said:

Now yer got me mad !!! it's Topiary !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

and am not responsible !!! :evil: :evil:

am young wild and reckless !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ya know the REAL sad thing here Richy .............YOu noticed that I'd spelt it wrong !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.