MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know my car isn't the best, but hay its free. but had a 54 streetwise 1.4 as a loan car

it`s sooo high off the road, had a nose bleed getting in, then nearly smacked my face in the dirt getting out (should read climbing out!)

the central locking which locks the doors as you drive off, kept locking then unlocking its self till i pressed the dash button :wallb:

power? :wallb:

where? only 200 miles on clock, but i was expecting a little go, but NO, none what so ever.

and as for the dash, yes mines an old one, but the front cover on the radio wouldn`t drop down to load a cd, rubbed on the housing
styling? er no!

and the wind noise from the windows :twisted:

glad to get my old derv back

sorry rant over, but who would buy one of them?

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'm having a new backbox and a few other things done next thursday so i'll probably end up with 1 of them while my zed is in the garage, oh dear

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zr_rob said:
i'm having a new backbox and a few other things done next thursday so i'll probably end up with 1 of them while my zed is in the garage, oh dear
might want to take a step ladder to get in it, was almost level with my transit driving mate!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I know what you mean about the streetwise, but it gets worse for me. While my zed was in for its service I got a bright yellow one, it looked like a bee with the black bumpers. Also the first time I got in it my ears popped as I was so high up.

POWER :wallb: What bloody power, it was like there was a hamster in it wheel under the bonnet!! :lol:

Another complaint it only had four seats, how can you do anything in the back of a car with your bird when a car only has 2 seats in the back :banned: :dots: can't go any further with this or as the cop said I'll get banned.

·
2,070 Posts
sorry rant over, but who would buy one of them?
Not many ppl by the amount of them on the roads

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have to laugh about the comments about the driving position.

Its a city car to be sold to little old ladies to go to the shops in. Of course it is going to be high. It's how it was designed.

It's hardly supposed to be a racing seat now is it.

It's hardly supposed to be fast either.

OK, no one can defend the build quality, but please look at it in the light it was designed. It's not aimed to be a replacement for your ZR's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts