Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here go to the game?

Was fooking unreal, naturally I was over the moon, was in The Kop for it, block 202! :D

fell over my seat (backwards) when Babel scored our second :rofl:

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it is some insane stat like that mate, my god it doesn't seem 9 years or so since my first Liverpool game, it was against the mancs, we beat them 3-1 remember it like yesterday :D lol

on another note, I ended up in a lap dancing bar later on that night, pished.... was great :D haha!!

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
similar start to last season except we have 2 more points than at the same stage last year.

and we lost to citeh instead of the murderers

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
similar start to last season except we have 2 more points than at the same stage last year.

+1, its hardly panic stations! we just have to weather the usual storm of claims that 'this is liverpool's year' up until january anyway. despite playing terrible it was only through 2 moments of madness that they got goals, robbie keane was more a danger to himself with all his air shots! but i guess you take what you can get in their situtation!

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tbh... yous played ****e, yous were **** all without ronaldo, and yous were against the ropes for the majority of the game - how can you deny that when you look at the fact that we had the majority of possession, a greater % of shots on target, plain and simply more chances, yous had to make more saves and as usual when yous are getting beat - more yellows & reds!!

And yet people call us a one man team... if it weren't for ronaldo last season rooney would have been under great questioning as would the rest of the team!

and who said anything about winning the league?

on the performance you manc lot gave, neither will you!

GET IN THERE LIVERPOOL!!!

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
mmm... that post is a massive over exaggeration.

united were all over you for the first 25 minutes, and a bad mistake let you into the game. And for all the chances and shots you are going on about I cant think of a decent one except for when kuyt fluffed his lines. One own goal and one scuffed goal is hardly the beating you are making it out to be. (a win all the same though I acknowledge)

granted, united played poorly, very poorly in fact. But to say United are a one man team is laughable!

and with united's performance in mind, a 2-1 win doesn't reflect all that well on your team does it.

let's see who is laughing come may and its 18 -18 in league titles

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mmm... that post is a massive over exaggeration.

united were all over you for the first 25 minutes, and a bad mistake let you into the game. And for all the chances and shots you are going on about I cant think of a decent one except for when kuyt fluffed his lines. One own goal and one scuffed goal is hardly the beating you are making it out to be. (a win all the same though I acknowledge)

granted, united played poorly, very poorly in fact. But to say United are a one man team is laughable!

and with united's performance in mind, a 2-1 win doesn't reflect all that well on your team does it.

let's see who is laughing come may and its 18 -18 in league titles
where exactly is the massive over exaggeration? all over us the first 25 minutes? Firstly I wouldn't exactly say yous were all over us tbh - yous played to a better standard than what yous did the rest of the game yes, but not to the extent of being all over us. Secondly the game lasted about 95 or 97 minutes by the time stoppage time was added on... 25 minutes then is not that long. And you can't exactly say that the remaining time was all 50 50 play.

I'm not making it out to be any sort of beating other than what it was - a beating by undoubtably your most despised opposition, a beating which in my opinion was deserved :) and lets face it, some of the wins you have had over us in the past haven't exactly been crystal clear cut goals. Yous didn't play to the expectations of anyone - certainly not to mine anyway, and anyone that puts it down to misfortune that yous were beat is clearly dreaming!

If it wasn't for Ronaldo last season would yous have got as many points as yous did? If Ronaldo had been on against Liverpool would the result have been different? And out of interest who do you think will be dropped when Ronaldo is back?

3 points is 3 points at the end of the day, and against your lot it's even sweeter, because as I suggested before the rivalry between the two sides is well known - it was an important and a deserved win! Not only for having had more chances, and more ball etc but for the fact that yous have robbed us before in the past of points!

If you think you'll win the league with performances like that then it's about time you woke up mate, seriously, even the smaller teams will take points off yous with that level of game. Or were you meaning we'll see whos laughing come may after we have ronaldo back and he scores us lots of goals but don't forget we're not a team that relies on one player to do all of our work? ;)

I will admit it would sicken me to see you lot reach 18 league titles, as much as it would, yous are yet to make the 5 euro cups as well :clap: :p lol

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not since i was born, and the same for yourself. you have never seen liverpool win the title, and i'd not get your hopes up that you ever will.
That doesn't eliminate the past success of Liverpool though although if that's your way of looking at it then I guess neither of the World Wars happened?

Cheers for your opinion, mine differs...greatly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
united did play ****e, we did lose, thing is you only scroed one goal yet you were so great? plus id hope you would have all the possesion you were playing at home? you act like its not normal for liverpool to play well at home ? lol

oh and y talk about history like all scouse fans? is it because you still cant win the premier league? what happens when united take over your cup wins? scouse fans wont have ****e all to talk about apart from "during the war" topics lol

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
united did play ****e, we did lose, thing is you only scroed one goal yet you were so great? plus id hope you would have all the possesion you were playing at home? you act like its not normal for liverpool to play well at home ? lol

oh and y talk about history like all scouse fans? is it because you still cant win the premier league? what happens when united take over your cup wins? scouse fans wont have ****e all to talk about apart from "during the war" topics lol
my point isn't that Liverpool played a worldclass game, we didn't, if we did and had made sure of our chances then yous would have been looking at a bigger defeat, that in perspective is irrelevant as we walked away with the 3 points.

I fail to see how I act like it's unusual for Liverpool to play (as you put it) "well" at home. I have, and the rest of the world has seen Liverpool playing some of the best games in the world at Anfield, and at other grounds for that matter!

you would hope Liverpool would have all the possession? right so when you go to play any team at all be it Arsenal, Chelsea, Portsmouth or Hull etc etc you will expect them to have most of the possession too because they are the home side?

Tbh I'd say a league winning team should be able to maintain and sustain the majority or a fair share of the play regardless of what ground they're playing at. Guess yous aren't a good enough to team to win the league then based on your performance against us?

history makes you what you are, establishes the reputation and formidable views that worldwide football fans have of a team and its supporters. During the war times? What about 2001? 2005? 2007?

and in honesty I don't see the mancs winning many more euro cups anytime soon nevermind being back to back European Champions!

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just noticed that on one of your posts, what exactly is it you're referring to with the suggestion that Liverpool fans are "murderers"?

look, here's a manc that disagrees with you

HAHA its fact though I Hate to say it but with out Ronaldo our whole attack system doesnt work.... and I cant see Berbatov playing the way Ronaldo Tevez and Rooney play..... It just wont work :(
:clown:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
liverpool are a nothing team mate! fact is they never will be what they were! they struggle every year to hit 4th! let alone win the premier league? how many years they been trying to win it now? 25 is it? lmao

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
just noticed that on one of your posts, what exactly is it you're referring to with the suggestion that Liverpool fans are "murderers"?

look, here's a manc that disagrees with you

:clown:
First point is referring to Michael Shields.

And yes you are right that lad with the opinion that our attack is useless without Ronaldo is a clown.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.