MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first of all i want no nasty comments iv all rdy bin over i cant get another zr and im very un happy about it so if ur gonna gonna slate what car im gonna get dont bother replying

ok first of all i can have a mini one with a copper s works body kit on for £11 000 and £699 for insruance, it has cloth seats

or i can have

a standered mini cooper with leather seats for £11 000 and its £750 insruance

what you think i should get they both have the 13 000 miles on them

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Personal preference mate, i'd leave that choice to you. Its your money at the end of the day and you'll be the only one driving it.

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
TBH, neither of the above. Even though I work at BMW/MINI my personal opinions of the MINI are quite negative, mainly because I see what goes wrong with them everyday.

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
All i can suggest is look at how much money you can afford to spend on a car, then look at the possiblities. MINI isn't the be-all and end-all of hatchbacks. there are a lot of other good cars out there. I would suggest find out what comes into the same price bracket with similar options. Then make a decision. Worst thing to do is get a car that everybody else likes, you might hate it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no iv had a good look around an the mini u get the best fasted and most options in the car for the money and i mean mini cooper 115bhp group 8 and its £700 for the insruance form my old zr 105 was a group 7 i had 103bhp and it was £1100 for insruance

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
newbz said:
no iv had a good look around an the mini u get the best fasted and most options in the car for the money and i mean mini cooper 115bhp group 8 and its £700 for the insruance form my old zr 105 was a group 7 i had 103bhp and it was £1100 for insruance
Well if thats the one your after then go for it.

Don't forget, the MG is expensive to insure because its classed as the sports alternative to the rover 25, even though the ZR is in effect its own car. The cooper is a much heavier car so the performance isn't that far away from the ZR105.

But if you like the MINI and its the best deal in your area then go buy it.

·
3,634 Posts
If yer got that much money to spend mate i'd look around a bit more !! The mini is a girls car and yer can get something alot better for yer cash than one of those !!!

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Richard thats your opinion of the MINI which of course you are intitled to, I feel very much the same as well but lets not turn this into a MINI vs MG arguement again and give newbz some advice.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZRX said:
Richard thats your opinion of the MINI which of course you are intitled to, I feel very much the same as well but lets not turn this into a MINI vs MG arguement again and give newbz some advice.
thanks alot thats what i rly need at the mo

·
3,634 Posts
ZRX said:
Its not a Mini v MG argument !! Just think he can get something better for his cash !! Am considering trading for a Clio 182 at the moment !!! So i aint for either manufacturer !!! :-$

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the cooper has a nice little bit of speed to it abit more than im use to on my 105 but the mini one with the body kit does look pritty good

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Richard said:
ZRX said:
Its not a Mini v MG argument !! Just think he can get something better for his cash !! Am considering trading for a Clio 182 at the moment !!! So i aint for either manufacturer !!! :-$
dont 4get i turn 18 on saturday and had my driving licence for less than a yr so i cant get anything to fast

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Richard said:
ZRX said:
Understood but at the end of the day it is personal preference. newbz said he'd looked around and is interested in the MINI so be it. Those clios can shift something else but they are french. Once again thats my opinion but if you like them go for it.

·
3,634 Posts
ZRX said:
Richard said:
ZRX said:
Understood but at the end of the day it is personal preference. newbz said he'd looked around and is interested in the MINI so be it. Those clios can shift something else but they are french. Once again thats my opinion but if you like them go for it.
Exactly !!! He asked for an opinion !! I gave it !! Good or bad thats my opinion ! I aint gonna lie !!!

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
newbz said:
Richard said:
ZRX said:
dont 4get i turn 18 on saturday and had my driving licence for less than a yr so i cant get anything to fast
MINI's probably the better choice then! lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i cudnt think of any other nice cars with that speed in that insruance group thats nice looking for that money

1 - 20 of 47 Posts