MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,

my little bro who is 18 later this month just passed his test. now the dilema is hes coming on to the zr insurabce but direct line wont insure him as the zr is classed as a sport car.

any1 who is 18 or lower canu tell me the names of insurabnce places that will insure u so i can go back to directline with a quote. and give them the altimatium as we have 2 car polices and a house policy there as well.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
tesco :D there the cheapest for me although i have 1yr NCB :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Tesco said I had to be 19 to be insured with them when I was 17/18..

I went with elephant when I got my zed, paying approx 1200 for the 12 month scheme, dont go with the 10 month.

Norwich Union quoted me 1600 just for incase elephant turn you down.

Hope this helps

·
1,232 Posts
I could have had it at around £1200 if I had waited a few days and been a named driver... but couldnt wait/wanted it in my own name.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try Elephant though for a cheap quote, and add other people on to the policy like relatives etc as named drivers, even if they have no intention of driving the car. It will bring the quote down lots.

To be honest though, I wouldn't rate Direct Line as insurers anyway. They seem all professional at sale but as soon as you have an accident (as such my girlfriend did a few weeks ago), you quickly begin to see where their priorities lay, and it's certainly not with you the customer.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Try confused.com they will give you quotes for many different companies. I live up the road and i'm with admiral as they are the cheepest for me. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
spanner385 said:
Try confused.com they will give you quotes for many different companies. I live up the road and i'm with admiral as they are the cheepest for me. Just a thought.
Agreed, I used Confused.com to find my dad insurance for his 75 Conniseur SE and it came up with £362.00. Can you believe it!!

I tried it again with my details on my 160 but it had trouble with some of the sites it visits and the cheapest was £900 odd, I currently pay £660 with Admiral. Im 29 with 2 speeding tickets and 4 NCB.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Get him to take his pass-plus. Most instructors can do it and he can take it up to three years after passing his test.

Its worth a good discount on the initial premium (and subsquent premiums) and most companies recognise it. Cost of test is far outweighed be the benefits.

It may also be the difference between being accepted and not....... :lcop:

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
nac said:
I currently pay £660 with Admiral. Im 29 with 2 speeding tickets and 4 NCB.
i pay £501 on my 160 with all my mods declared now...

Im 25 with 3yrs NCB..thats with directline :up:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I did pay £1900 last year, 19yo, no no claims, first poilcy. fully comp on my own. This year, 1NCB, £1000 with elephant.co.uk.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
160 Babe said:
nac said:
I currently pay £660 with Admiral. Im 29 with 2 speeding tickets and 4 NCB.
i pay £501 on my 160 with all my mods declared now...

Im 25 with 3yrs NCB..thats with directline :up:
Hardly seems fair does it?

·
3,634 Posts
I pay £355 on my 105 am 27 with 6 years ncb!!!!!! with Direct line !!! Though i havent declared my Lexus lights !!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
i am insured with a off branch of swinton that deal only with MGs mate and they were about four hundred pound cheaper then ne1 else.
look them up there in yellow pages :up:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
modded-zr said:
i am insured with a off branch of swinton that deal only with MGs mate and they were about four hundred pound cheaper then ne1 else.
look them up there in yellow pages :up:
Do they have a name other than Swinton?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts