MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put leds in there dome light??? I'm thinking this might give it a cool glow wwhen you push the button. I ain't sure what the lights called but the interior light above the gear nob. How easy would it be to do?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Are you on about the square roof light, the one with the 3 position switch that comes on with your doors and alarm?

If so, the bulb in there is called a festoon bulb and there are several ways you can change this from simply painting it or buying one ready painted to computer controlled LED's and LED festoons..

There are a few firms that do festoon replacements that use coloured LED's, some even cycle through different colours. I have got a GEM in mine from IceLed that when used in "stand alone" mode starts off white and then cycles through 2 million colours.
Here is mine before I rigged it into the programmable system I now have (have a look at the link under my sig to see it working)

You could even change the rear view mirror for one from an MGTF as this has 2 illuminations in it as well. These can also be changed for LED's as well

·
1,431 Posts
we've got one in ours that goes through a sequence of different colours!!

i dont like it lol........ ](*,)

but Al does! #-o

1 - 10 of 10 Posts