MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had this email from MYSHOWPLATES.COM

Limited time left to purchase your Showplates

You may have seen in the press that from 1st November 2008 it will become an offence to sell or manufacture registration plates that do not conform to the latest British Standards and design criteria laid down by the DVLA.

Consequently the ability to purchase Showplates displaying non-legal fonts/spacing/images/slogans etc will be outlawed.

As a result, My Showplates can only supply Showplates until 30th October 2008.

With this date looming and Christmas fast approaching we wanted to give you as much notice as possible to enable you to place your orders and avoid any disappointment.

seems like the Police/DVLA have had enough now!

·
Banned
3,756 Posts
tbh i agree, where i work we have no end of cars with them on for MOT and some are that bad they cant be read from 10 ft away! I.e they have a logo behind the letters or in that much of an italic they are stupid!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
The plates I got from Halfrauds have NO markings on them whatsoever :slap:
Mine do. It is engraved very faintly but when you look closely you can see it.

On this subject though, I recently got pulled for mine and although I got away with a warning and the note that DVLA are cracking down with the police enforcing the law. A few weeks after the incident, I got a letter from DVLA saying that I had 21 days to reply and to divulge where I got the plates from, so this is probably been widespread and is probably why companies like fancy plates and others have been hit now and are being targeted.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
hmmmmmmm, im betting they wouldn't though, that could cause a world of problems for em...

IMO as long as the OCR cameras can read em then whats the problem.... (well apart from cloning...)

I mean the european ones are more lax... and TBH if the OCR cameras can't read different fonts then im sorry but they are liars... If it can read a plate upto 2miles away then it can tell the diff between italic, blod and other fonts...

Just another thing the government wanna control..

Oh and there so called new super plates with the Chip in them that has all the info stored on it and supposedly can tell when its been removed or tampered with, and is UNCRACKABLE, Bollocks, didn't they say that bout Chip & pin and the oyster card...

We all know how that went...

Anything can be copied or cracked..

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Just had this email from MYSHOWPLATES.COM

seems like the Police/DVLA have had enough now!
Typical! One of the boys i know makes show plates and other bits n bobs. Pretty sure his don't go throught the DVLA! It was nice and easy going down the road for a new set when i wanted them! Doubt that will be happening anymore then :no:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.