MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
It does seem very quiet on here nowadays!!!!
Just wondering what the last reg number run was ive manage to get an 06 reg zr td
Any answers would be great
Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It is very quiet nowadays unfortunately.

I am like you, I too have an 06 plate ZR (a +120 in Goodwood Green) which was registered in May 2006.

Some ZRs hung about for a lot longer than that - I think the latest one I have ever seen was registered on a 57 plate. Due to a derogation from the Euro IV emissions rules that became effective in January 2006, the cars could continue to be sold and registered on the current registration up to 3 years from the date of last manufacture, which meant that all remaining cars had to registered by August 2008 (so there are probably a small number on an 08 plate). However, there weren't many left by then, and those that were still unsold were mainly base models in less desirable colours.

You can find a selection of the information about yours by entering its VIN into MG-Rover.info, including the recorded date it came off assembly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, ive never seen any later than 06 but will be keeping my eyes out, ive bought (blind!!!) a ZR TD which has all been modified to silly BHP apparently from up north, should be with me friday, will see what its really like then LOL
Whats happened on here then? it was always a hive of activity!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What happened? - combination of things really. For a start web forums in general have become much quieter all round - people nowadays seem to prefer communicating inanely on facebook and its ilk rather than use forums, added to which the number of ZRs on the road has plummeted alarmingly in the last few years - you would expect a fairly rapid decline when cars are getting towards 15 years old and worth very little to justify repairs, but there seems to be a predisposition among the current younger ownership to simply break them up as a first option rather than a last resort.

There is also the not insignificant matter that a very big proportion of owners of old cars have bought them simply as a cheap runabout, and they will simply run them into the ground and discard them when they need repair - they have no interest in the cars themselves, and no inclination to bother to find out how to improve them or repair them when things go wrong.

Hope yours will live up to your hopes and expectations :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have got a 2008 on an 08 Plate Mg ZR 160... We have had it 18 months... 48,000 miles... No nasty modifications all original... Its in pretty good condition!

According to the howmanyleft website there are 3 2008 MG ZR 160's but the other two are sorn.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome to the forum :bin laden:

Well done for finding a late registered 160, and un unmolested one at that - most of the 160s had been sold and registered long before then and it was mainly less desirable base model 105s that were still hanging around unsold.

It would be interesting to know its off assembly date - ie. whether it was a late built car, or whether it had already been in a dealers (or in store awaiting delivery to a dealer) for a while before MG Rover collapsed into administration on April 8th 2005 (for finding the off assembly date, see the link in my earlier post)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its assembly date is Wednesday 9th Feb 2005... and its the 10855th ZR 160 out of 10981...

There was still a fair few made after, it would be interesting to know where it sat for 3 years!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts