MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted a kenwood cd player - the zed came with a kenwood cassette player. But the problem was there before i fitted it. The problem is when ever the inside light comes on through opening the door or boot or manually turning it on inside, the radio switches off and the clock on the dash goes off, when the light is switched off the radio has lost all settings and the clock has been reset to 1.00. The radio also loses settings when the ignition is switched off. Is this normal???

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does it sound normal? :hiding:

I think you've got a dodgy earth somewhere mate. Take it back to the dealers otherwise it might be a sod to trace down.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i have it booked in 2mor morning. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Most people ive spoken to have said bad earth. Hope they give me a decent courtesy car.... lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
johnhodgson said:
Yeah I have it booked in 2mor morning. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Most people ive spoken to have said bad earth. Hope they give me a decent courtesy car.... lol
If you're over 25....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same problem with mine when I fitted a new headunit, you have blown a fuse but can't remember which one but it is in the box with in the car not the one under the bonnet

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it might be the constant live wire which you have connected to the stereo. Did you put this wire into the ignition live slot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts