MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed my panel filter today for a cheap WIX one for just under a tenner.

i've heard the k&n one makes the car seem slightly slightly more pulling. obviously nothing too much but a little more pully.

is this true and true enough to be worth 30 quid?

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
the best one is itg. they cost about £30 too

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Ive got a BMC panel filter...much smoother ride than normal, and possibly more rev happy, but that could just be me thinking it is. Well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
ive got an ITG panel filter, its ok didnt really make much difference to performance i wouldnt have thought.

sounded a bit nicer and smoother though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the wix seems abit smoother i know it's nothing on par with something like k&n but wix filters are highly spoken off over in the us so i think i'll leave the filter for now and consentrate on saving for a janspeed exhaust :D

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
yeah the wix seems abit smoother i know it's nothing on par with something like k&n but wix filters are highly spoken off over in the us so i think i'll leave the filter for now and consentrate on saving for a janspeed exhaust :D
you're in the US?

didn't know you could get zrs over there!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha nah i'm in the uk just i know wix filters are big over in the US and seen just as good as k&n and so on

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got a k&n filter today and i'm not that impressed tbh :/ can't feel any difference. if owt. worse :/

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
it wont be worse. you wont feel 20bhp or 10mph hour diff. youll feel it when reeving up and through the gears

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i've let it settle down a little and i can feel it abit more now.

i wasn't expecting a huge difference at all but i can feel it now it seems to keep rev's when changing gear alot more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts