MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys whats the difference between these two induction kits? And which one do you think i should get for my ZR 105. I want better throttle response and smother accelaration. increase in BHP would be nice however heard they suffer fro HeatSoak. is the generation ii any different or does it suffer the same, lots of people with ZR 105 tend to say it makes a difference and they tend to see a gain rather then loss.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Any open cone is going to suffer from heak soak in traffic and this will kill throttle response. No matter how good a cold air feed you have, you won't leviate this problem.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I had an open K & N on my 160 for about 8 months and loved the sound, but lost power at low revs and also increased petrol consumption. Changed to a K & N panel filter last month (replaces filter in standard air box) and straight away I gained power at low revs, lower petrol consumption and less noise at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But how does this new generation II Filter work?! i heard it has a heat shield to protect from Heat soak problem?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
would have thought so mate.............best to save ur pennies and get an enlcosed kit............. apiro are good and cheap!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Why not consider a pipercross viper, i have one for sale and i guarentee you will feel a difference!

Shamless plug! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts