MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As im 17 and learning to drive. and dont have a job(yet). i was thinking about getting a rover 25 and modding it like a zr. (seems like a very good idea to me) But is it just me or do most people think rovers are just going to die on you the second you put the key in the door.:wacko:

I was wondering are they really all that bad. or is it just people talking a load of sh!t?

any help and guidance would be most appreciated :fez:

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
Lot cheaper just buying a ZR in the first place TBH.
+1 it is but for me its all about what it says on the chassis and V5! I think its a great way to get a nice looking car when your on a budget though! Still a good 1st car but a ZR would be better :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i may just have to rethink my plans then! lol but the attraction of getting a 25 was that the original cost of the car would be cheaper. and then plan was to mod it like a mk2. so even if i did get a mk1 zed then id still spend more money on modding it. also i have enough money to get a 25 but not a zr. so it would mean me waiting even longer to get a car :(

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
for the money he would spending on getting the ZR bits, it will get a normal zr as he would then have to declare to insurance he has a modified rover so it will be higher, whereas with a zr it is kitted as standard so no need to declare anything

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
for the money he would spending on getting the ZR bits, it will get a normal zr as he would then have to declare to insurance he has a modified rover so it will be higher, whereas with a zr it is kitted as standard so no need to declare anything
+1 and get it on finance if the APR is good and with a warrenty, it'll cost you more at first but will cover hgf and other silly problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts