MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
used some thin called adware.. really good cause it was a free download, it found:

4 sever files

8 dangerous files

but the cheecky part of it was the free part was just the scan and they then wanted to charge me for them to deleate the files..

im now window washer my pc its scannin now hope they wash all the bad files away,

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
window wash works, it was a free down load and it washed my files and got me 1.34 (mb or gb wot ever there called) space back on my comp

thanks gil for tellin me bout that,

·
Sleeping
5,195 Posts
try an app called ad-aware, scans for spyware and is prob the best freebie for the job, also i keep spy doctor running, stops cookies and things like that while on net.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
you may also like to try spybot. use this along side ad-aware and you should be free of problems, also dont forget to keep the programs up to date!

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
I sorted him man...

Adaware, spysweeper and window washer are all fine for FREE...

And FREE is best in my book!!!

he he he...that adaware got rid of a nasty fuckin spy ware prog...called yafoo.biz....was a twat, used to redirect to a search engine then diconnect me...plus it wouldnt load up Ebay or Hotmail and would disconnetc....Adaware ROOLS!!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
As far as I am aware Ad-Aware wont search for or remove any viruses. It looks for spyware, which I suppose is a kind of virus but not really the same.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Spybot is actually adware itself.

Look on the Microsoft site as they now have one of their own which is free. Is a beta mind at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts