MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAd the first service done this week on me zed for £200, is that a bit steep or the norm??

Also the courtersy car I got was a bit of a laugh, ( Thats HA HA laugh) the dealer had either a cityrover or a bright yellow streetwise......and wich one did they give me? the :x: bloody streetwise!! I needed a paper bag over my head it was so embarising.

·
Registered
202 Posts
lol. good thing about when i take mine in for a servise they can only give me one car cos they only have 1 auto

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
did you shop around mate as the prices vary and you dont need to get the service from the dealer who supplied the car

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
my first two services are paid for coz when the car was bought i paid £300 for a 24month service pack and my car is due a service this month.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
my 1st service was £177
2nd service was £205.

always get a £ on the service befor you book it in.also on you paperwork there will be a brake down of the parts /labour...
the 1st had 2.1/4 hrs labour and the 2nd had 2 3/4 hrs...

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did phone around the local dealers, it was just Guava the dealer I bought it from were the only ones that I could get a courtersy car from.

The others said no to for a courtersy car cause I didn't buy the car frm them.

I put the wrong pricedown on the first message. £200 is what they quoted before & when I picked it up I only got charged £173 and some shrapnal. Although It did have a full vallet and the ECU was remapped as part of the service.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
As in this post http://www.themgzr.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7690

My 1st service will be £159. (Highest quote £197)

I rang every dealer in thirty miles for quotes.

All would provide courtesy cars, regardless of who sold me mine. Maybe your dealers are not as friendly as the Yorkshire dealers?

Only thing was, they needed 10-14 days notice for a car, which isn't unreasonable IMO

·
Registered
242 Posts
My first service was £150 without a courtesy car, maybe £173 with one isnt bad at all really? It would've cost more than £23 to hire a car!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Made mine run a bit nicer than it normally would, even making allowance for the fact it'd just been serviced. Used less fuel too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Service only takes a couple of hours, how long they'd want to keep it for depends on the dealers workload at the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts