MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as most of you know i purchased my janny system from forum member J4mieJenks. This had been a lucky outcome for me as my OE 160 back box had completely snapped off it pipe back in September, and even luckier still as he had bought a janny system for a 160. So 400 notes later and two weeks i had finally had it fitted to my 160. The system compliments the car very well and came with a 4-2-1 manifold, Sports cat, mid pipe and twin pipe back box. Now 5-6 months down the line the system has worn in and sounds bloody awesome, i recommend all you MG-R owners to have a Janspeed setup, so get saving. Every time im out in the car the noise of the exhaust system jus makes me want to go that bit more faster jus to get it to rasp lol.

Anyway here is a vid down below of how it sounds now

cheers
Maj

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Holy moly, the VVC really does sound like a diesel on idle!!

Sounds good when it's being driven though mate :D

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy moly, the VVC really does sound like a diesel on idle!!

Sounds good when it's being driven though mate :D
Wouldnt change it for the world mate, jus makes me grin aaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll the time lol

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
Agree 100 million percent!

My Janspeed system (4-2-1 Mani, Sport Cat & Cat back (Oval)) is far better than I thought it would be. Even on a 105 it helps the mid range torque immensely.

Love the note it gives and the shiney shiney I see everytime I'm underneath the car makes me happy :D

Probably my favourite mod on my car without a doubt.

Great note without being ridiculously loud.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree 100 million percent!

My Janspeed system (4-2-1 Mani, Sport Cat & Cat back (Oval)) is far better than I thought it would be. Even on a 105 it helps the mid range torque immensely.

Love the note it gives and the shiney shiney I see everytime I'm underneath the car makes me happy :D

Probably my favourite mod on my car without a doubt.

Great note without being ridiculously loud.
This man talks sense. turns heads also without sounding like chav limiting a 1200cc corsa lol

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
+2 amazing exhausts love mine to bits :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sounds ace, need one. Mines louder than that with just a cat back though, its going to roar with a mani

Also that needs an oil change mate, sounds tappier than what it should be!

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Loving ur car mate!
+2 amazing exhausts love mine to bits :)
cheers guys, always get a bit of sex pee, when she bellows lol

Sounds ace, need one. Mines louder than that with just a cat back though, its going to roar with a mani

Also that needs an oil change mate, sounds tappier than what it should be!
changed the oil this morning, then did the viddy in the afternoon lol, i have no idea why it still taps lol

·
1,010 Posts
I wouldn't change mine for the world.

Some days I think about changing the oval for a twin as the full system makes the oval a million times louder! But then i hear the boom and change my mind again.

:)

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't change mine for the world.

Some days I think about changing the oval for a twin as the full system makes the oval a million times louder! But then i hear the boom and change my mind again.

when you say boom, you mean back fire, or burble? mine does it too, i jus sooo love it lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
I bought just the janspeed twin back box off jamiejenks a while back...how many has he got!? lol

Just need the other bits to make a full system now! :p

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought just the janspeed twin back box off jamiejenks a while back...how many has he got!? lol

Just need the other bits to make a full system now! :p
Are you sure? AFAIK he only had one full system lol

·
1,010 Posts
when you say boom, you mean back fire, or burble? mine does it too, i jus sooo love it lol
Just the noise it makes. If I have passengers in the back they cannot hear anything and often leave the car partially deaf!

Its nice go be able to drown them out when they start slagging the car off!

I do like the pops and bangs too!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've a janspeed oval catback on my 105, its nowhere near as loud as that, although i've had people tell me it's loud from outside the car so maybe its just me never hearing it apart from in the drivers seat? does the full system have much effect in the note/noise?

Sounds awesome by the way looks a lot nippier than the 1.4 haha,

James

1 - 20 of 37 Posts