MG ZR Forums banner

When should I get my new rally bumper?

• ASAP, but risk damaging it over winter, and muchos skintness

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Wait until 2009 so that it's fresh for the good weather and shows

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Don't get one you pleb, remember what happened to the last one!!1!

Votes: 12 18.8%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...that I'm going to get another rally bumper! :D

The peer pressure of late for me to do so has been enormous, and as much as I like the practicality of the slammed car without, I really do have to admit that I miss the look of the bumper on the car. Shame it'll have to be a Motobuild jobby as opposed to my previous two being proper Xpower ones :(

The question is, do I get it as soon as I have money (i.e. over the next couple of months) and risk destroying it over winter, or wait until next year so that it's ready for show season?

Vote please folks :)

P.S. I still stand by my decision to sell the original one... it was in poor condition, and with what I got for selling it along with what it would've cost me to repair it I can now get a new one, have it fitted and painted and still have money left over to get some HIDs for it :cool:

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
TJ if i were you id get it for show season because if you get it sometime soon then you will ruin it as you said in the winter, and by the time its show season it will be scuffed to ****e, so id wait if i were you hun :)

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember the hassle of keeping the last one :(

That said, I do a LOT less miles in the 160 now, mainly because 1) I don't use it to do deliveries, and 2) I also have the Astra which I can use for high-mileage drives and when I'm going to be in places where the roads are ****.

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so then TJ keep you're red beauty just for special occasions, or unless you really have to use it. :)
Nah, I've never been one to have something nice and then not use it for fear of destroying it... pointless having a nice car and keeping it on the driveway :)

I went for ten months without driving it properly, couldn't do that again... in fact, I can't even go two days without driving it! :D

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
As much as i liked your car with the Rally bumper, you know it's going to get wrecked at some piont. And the motobuild ones aren't as good quality as the xpower ones. If you do get one, why don't you just put it on for show season, so it lasts longer. :)

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Calculated that if I sell the existing bumper, grille, foglights etc., it'll only cost me about £200-250 to have the rally jobby on my car (plus another £40-45 if I want HIDs).

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As much as i liked your car with the Rally bumper, you know it's going to get wrecked at some piont. And the motobuild ones aren't as good quality as the xpower ones. If you do get one, why don't you just put it on for show season, so it lasts longer. :)
The Moto-Build ones are BETTER than the Xpower ones Jamie... believe me, the originals left a LOT to be desired, they were actually dreadful. Saving it for shows is actually a good idea, but that means I can't sell the standard gear to fund it :(

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The Moto-Build ones are BETTER than the Xpower ones Jamie... believe me, the originals left a LOT to be desired, they were actually dreadful. Saving it for shows is actually a good idea, but that means I can't sell the standard gear to fund it :(
Always thought the xpower ones were better, been told wrong lol :slap: Well, at the end of the day it's your decision.........make sure you really think about it. :)

Would look the dogs danglies though. :cool:

·
sideshow bob
9,834 Posts
do it mate. i used to love your motor with the rally on.

i'd get it now tbh.... i know it makes it a little more impractical, but sacrifices have to be made to look good! just choose your routes wisely...and slowly... if anyone knows that, its me lol.

i wouldnt have the patience to wait! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The Moto-Build ones are BETTER than the Xpower ones Jamie... believe me, the originals left a LOT to be desired, they were actually dreadful. (
This is indeed correct the original X power ones couldn't be any worse, so nothing is lost by replacing with a Motobuild one. At least Motobuild put the fixing holes in theirs :crazy:

I do think the rally bumper looks great on your car Tj and you should get another one. As you have said the lower mileage and not having to use it for deliveries and the like will mean there is a lower risk of spoiling it.
I would still keep the standard one though so you have the option to swap it over for practical reasons if required. :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Put the rally bumper on tj, im about to order mine once pay day comes. Ditching the k2 bumper :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts