MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my hands on my zed on friday at 3pm! What a car! I'll now be able to come to the meets etc. A dream to drive and mint to look at miles better than the corsa i had! Will be posting some pics soon.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a trophy blue 105+ i cant believe how well it handles compared to the corsa! Its amazing!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
was the same got ma zr bout 3wks ago now, cant believe the handling compared to ma last car surprised how quick it was for a 1.4 aswell. can keep up with ma m8s 2.0 focus till bout 100mph.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i went from a corsa to the zed, my first car was a 1.4 sri corsa and it was a big step up to the zed. i was well chuffed when i got mine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i came down first car i had was a 1.6 civic coupe an i got a 1.4 zed now, but am hardly dissapointed, its just as quick above 4,000revs but round corners its in a league of its own, am not looking back at all!

·
1,232 Posts
Your 105 can keep up with a 2.0 focus!?
Mine struggles to even keep up with my mates 1.8 Zetec (and he pays... £5,500 insurance on it! (18yo, in parents name)).

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
TechnoGoat said:
Your 105 can keep up with a 2.0 focus!?
Mine struggles to even keep up with my mates 1.8 Zetec (and he pays... £5,500 insurance on it! (18yo, in parents name)).
£5500 insurance :blink2: is he for real :wallb:

·
1,232 Posts
Yeah, I've seen his receipt.
Nice car though, silver, 54 reg (not the new shape).

I've never understood how some people here get such low quotes for their cars... I know when I was 17 I paid £2400 for my insurance for a ZR.

·
Registered
24 Posts
this 2.0 focus is stripped inside 2, neck n neck til bout 95-100 then hes got more power n jus goes!
same with a 2.0 scooby non turbo of course!
im 18 im only £1000 fully comp through cis insurance!

·
1,232 Posts
By the time it comes up for renewal I'll be like 2 days away from 19 with over a year & a half NCB & Passplus, hopefully it'll drop then. :p

I dont trust any of this getting it insured in someone elses name lark, look at all the problems newbz had.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well hope a dont have ne problems wi mine but had ma last car in ma mums name 2 n that was ok!

have u got the mk2 zr?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts