Votes: 12 22.6%
  • 1800 VVC with mods

Votes: 37 69.8%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going for a 1600 upgrade not much more bhp but will be better on torque should notice he difference on acceleration speed :) works out a cheaper change compared to t16 :happy2:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much could i be looking at for a 1800 vvc or non vvc engine or donor car?
i can get a r216si for 300 so depending on how much 1.8 will set me back i may go 1 better that 1.6 .....keeping in mind tho im thnking 1600 down to cheapness of the job :-D

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was it a 1.6 rover/mg or different car? my 1.4 stays close to my mates 1.6 focus to a limit. 1.6 would be a slight change from my 1.4 and wouldnt cot me too much to do eitheras i could use my existing gearbox shortshift, driveshafts etc

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well you may as well just buy a complete car with the engine you want. If you do an engine swap say from a 1.4 to a 1.8 or even the 1.6 you will probably pay more insurance than if you just bought the factory built larger engine car. When insuring you have to declare that you have changed the engine and this will increase the premium a lot.

Only time this is worth while is if you change from a K series to the t16 turbo.

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Well you may as well just buy a complete car with the engine you want. If you do an engine swap say from a 1.4 to a 1.8 or even the 1.6 you will probably pay more insurance than if you just bought the factory built larger engine car. When insuring you have to declare that you have changed the engine and this will increase the premium a lot.

Only time this is worth while is if you change from a K series to the t16 turbo.
I have to agree TBH.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well if you want a 1.8, really there is two options if you want to save money. Either a 200 vi or a Rover 25 GTI.

Avoid a BRM or ZR 160 as insurance is high for what are essentially all very similar cars.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
was it a 1.6 rover/mg or different car? my 1.4 stays close to my mates 1.6 focus to a limit. 1.6 would be a slight change from my 1.4 and wouldnt cot me too much to do eitheras i could use my existing gearbox shortshift, driveshafts etc
Your 1.4 k-series should really have been INFRONT of a 1.6 focus upto a point. Even the 1.8 you should be neck and neck with upto about 60. Providing your gear changes etc are all spot on, so your getting the full power as much time as possible.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your 1.4 k-series should really have been INFRONT of a 1.6 focus upto a point. Even the 1.8 you should be neck and neck with upto about 60. Providing your gear changes etc are all spot on, so your getting the full power as much time as possible.
yea i can keep wtht he focus nicely till top end

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.