MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes it finally happened, dad handed over his keys tot he Zed and let me drive her!

Put her though her paces, love the turbo wissle on the TD. yes after that i am very tempted by having a 2nd car but just cant afford to run a Zed with or without the nova as well. i will convert....one day! :up: :hiding:

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been talking with a mate this morning has well. he said about buying a smaller engined one (105) as i had said about going for a 160. then he came up with the idea of getting a Rover 25 and "making" it MG! but thats not right, its a Rover, will always be a rover! Then he offered up a Yellow fixer, either been in a multi car crash or dumpped in a **** and said about fixing it up. needed new bonnet, bumpers, lights, door didnt look to good and prob find the chassis needed looking at. not the way i'd like to go.

we'll just see what happens, even dad said why dont buy one as i'm on here most of the time! but would like to keep the nova fo track days etc so its not a great pay out if i bined it!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not as of yet, the plan atm is to get a few more bits of bodywork done and then save up my pennies! alot of people think i'l be doing a 1.6 16v conversion as i can pick up 1 for £300 plus ecu and loom with the added bonus that it will fit straight in and on the same gearbox.

to do a decent job of the 2ltr valva lump its going to cost near on £1k althou i try to do all the work myself which cuts costs, which is something i wouldnt be able to do with the MG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts