MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been reading the autoexpress review of the ZR-X !!!

And i just cant see how its gonna sell !!! :blink2:

£17,500 for a car which is more expensive than its rivals - CTR, Clio 182 sport etc.....

So its more expensive and has less performance than its rivals !!!! :blink2: :blink2: :blink2:

Ok it looks good on the outside !!! Inside leaves a bit to be desired !!!

Dunno !! Is it gonna sell ??? Doesnt seem value for money at the price to me !!!!! :zip: :zip:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
17,500 is the list price im shure anyone could atleast get a grand and a half off that i know i got 2grand off the list price of my zed

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shifty said:
17,500 is the list price im shure anyone could atleast get a grand and a half off that i know i got 2grand off the list price of my zed
£2500 off and its rivals are still better value !!!! :blink2:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree - it doesnt look like value for money

BUT

a) at least its not french
b) the type R is £17k including air con (£16k without)

I would like to think that a healthy discount could be had on the ZR-X

A £17.5k ZS 180 can be had for £14.5k with the right discount!
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I agree... it's not value for money book price. I think perhaps they've deliberately over-priced it knowing that a large discount will be negotiated at the dealerships.

It'll be interesting to see how much they can be knocked down by. Whether they still sell many though... who knows!

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mustang351 said:
would look better with a good number plate..............<cough B19MGXcough>
;)
now i wonder where yer could get a plate like that ??? :wman: :wman: :wman:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Seeing as MGR have not even confirmed it is going into production, let alone a price, I think we may be being a bit premature here.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
yeah but thats what the forum is for, zr related chat :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
so auto express are wrong then it dont exsist and its not hitting 180 BHP and its not going to cost 17,500 ???

not knowen them to be wrong

·
Registered
5 Posts
MG S & R assure it will come in the first half of the year!!

Dont forget guys £17500 will be the fully kitted up version and I'm sure there will be discount.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Shifty said:
so auto express are wrong then it dont exsist and its not hitting 180 BHP and its not going to cost 17,500 ???

Auto Express are the same ones 2 months ago who said the new Citroen C4 VTS would be 225bhp, cost £21000 and make you a cup of tea in the morning.

2 months on and its 17500, 180bhp and you still need to put the pot on yerself!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Shifty said:

So the car they had there was a 180bhp VVC was it?

So where is the second control belt for the VVC mech's? That was the exact car from the motorshow which the Xpower guys admitted wasn't a VVC.

Yes it will come along. That was more or less confirmed by MGR at the motorshow. The engine hasn't been confirmed. AE have guestimated it as MGR have said they were working on a 1.8 VVc 180 for the TF.

If you have not known them to be wrong, then you either don't read it very often, or don't pay attention to what they write.

They could well be spot on, but nothing has been confirmed by MGR and is therefore purely speculation.

I believe part of the engine choice is in the hands of the SAIC deal. You never know, it may be the first of the productionised 2 litre K's. Although the SAIC deal is making this less likely IMO.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts