MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well peeps, i dont believe it!!! Second zed ive had and second time paint has stripped off it! :eek: Just washed all the salt off it from yesterdays journey and the passenger door strip, a 10cm area, the paint has just peeled clean off!!!! :evil: So looks like a trip to the dealers tomorro! Exactly same thing happened to my first zed and the front bumper!

So is it just my zeds that the paint is sh*t on???? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate, i really hope u dont get this problem, didnt think i would have problems with this £800 paint job :eek:

got one black door strip and one blue now #-o ](*,)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I think its just yours............ :wink: but I havent washed mine so its still coverd in dirt..........and the wheels are now black.....not gold...

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wish i hadnt washed it now! :) and al, u thought the engine bay looked bad last nite.............u should see the salt in daylight :eek: :lol:

·
989 Posts
what u useing to wash ya car ... it might have something to do with that .... just a thought.

still shouldent happen like ...

hope ya get it sorted

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
monkey i use a jet thingy, guy at mg said there a deffo no-no, bollox didnt know that!!!!! ](*,)

Will cost me £140 to get it resprayed! Unless i find a cheaer bodyshop!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
muldersZR said:
monkey i use a jet thingy, guy at mg said there a deffo no-no, bollox didnt know that!!!!! ](*,)

jetwashers are a no no ? :( imo the paint shouldnt be that damn shitty that it comes off with them,

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Miiike said:
muldersZR said:

jetwashers are a no no ? :( imo the paint shouldnt be that damn shitty that it comes off with them,
yup the only way to wash a car safely in mg's opinion is by hand..........no jet washers, no mechanical washer....... just elbow grease!

why dont they bloody tell you that when u buy the car ](*,)

·
989 Posts
elboy crease ? is that like when ya bend ya arm the other way lol thought it was grease

but n e way gutter for you like, I normally just handwash me car n e way. onlyjet wash it when im getting lazy...

and when im propa lazy n the cars a mess i just throw shampoo stuff over it and degreaser stuff on the alloys n blast the fucker off with a jet wash. But it looks like i wont be doing that since ive herd about you like.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lmao.............hadnt noticed either spelling mistakes mate :lol:

edited now like :wink:

yup staying away from all jet washers...........and whilst its being painted they're taking the strip off the door so i'll be driving round with a zed with NO door strip :eek: :(

·
Registered
301 Posts
i'm sure mg-rover dealers wash all the cars on their forecourts by hand don't they........NOT!!!!!!!

i've seen em in the blackburn dealership with a bloody pressure washer!!!!!

tell u anything in that dealership m8!!

i've been waiting for a new interior clock and handbook for well over a year.....all u get is 'they're on back-order sir'.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
muldersZR said:
Well peeps, i dont believe it!!! Second zed ive had and second time paint has stripped off it! :eek: Just washed all the salt off it from yesterdays journey and the passenger door strip, a 10cm area, the paint has just peeled clean off!!!! :evil: So looks like a trip to the dealers tomorro! Exactly same thing happened to my first zed and the front bumper!

So is it just my zeds that the paint is sh*t on???? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Some of the Trophy Blue Zeds definately had a problem with paint adhesion, usually on the front spoiler. I have a dealer MG Technical Information Bulletin somewhere, relating to the problem as obviously I have vested interest in case the problem occurs on mine.

What colour is yours mate?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts