MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to day nearly totaled me zed , since they banned using your phone in the car, ive always got me head in me lap texing instead , so there i am driving down the road looked up sh.t LOL nearly sh.t me self. if i had been on the phone i would have been looking up LOL and i just hate them big hands free kits and i change me phone evry 4 months so it would cost to much to keep kitting it out, i see loads of people looking down in there laps one handed trying to tex, i even dont answer the phone when the misses ring and then tex her to say im driving :wallb: :wallb:

·
3,634 Posts
i'VE been fined for driving while using a mobile !!!

If i need to use it i just pull over !!! Its cheaper and safer !!! :up:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Richard said:

what do you do on a motoway with no services?

·
Registered
187 Posts
get a bluetooth car kit mate , i have one that i wired through my speakers ect. its brill and u can use any bluetooth phone on it

·
3,634 Posts
hob said:
Richard said:

I live in Wales !!! No motorways round here !!!! ;) ;)

Just country roads !!! :up:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Richard said:
hob said:
Richard said:

I live in Wales !!! No motorways round here !!!! ;) ;)

Just country roads !!! :up:
ah, :up:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
i think it is stupid that they have banned using phones, i dont really use mine whilst driving but if i need to i will. but i think smoking whilst driving is just as dangerous so why dont they ban that?

·
3,634 Posts
brettytopbanana said:
i think it is stupid that they have banned using phones, i dont really use mine whilst driving but if i need to i will. but i think smoking whilst driving is just as dangerous so why dont they ban that?
Why dont they just ban driving then no one will get killed on the roads !!! :bash: :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
my father always says to me that driving used to be so much fun but you cant do anything these days

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Richard said:
brettytopbanana said:
Why dont they just ban driving then no one will get killed on the roads !!! :bash: :bash: :bash:
They should make the driving test harder and if you fail more than 6 times you shouldnt be able to take the test again for like 2 yrs, that way people that fluke the test once with a nice examiner wouldnt be able to drive, if you cant pass the first 6 times i doubt you ever will anyway, also charge raod tax on petrol, and include insurance like road tax is currently, so if you dont have one your easily caught.

·
3,634 Posts
hob said:
Richard said:
brettytopbanana said:
They should make the driving test harder and if you fail more than 6 times you shouldnt be able to take the test again for like 2 yrs, that way people that fluke the test once with a nice examiner wouldnt be able to drive, if you cant pass the firsat 6 times i doubt you ever will anyway, also charge raod tax on petrol, and include insurance like road tax is currently, so if you dont have one your easily caught.
The next prime minister !!!! :up: :up:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Richard said:
hob said:
Richard said:
brettytopbanana said:
They should make the driving test harder and if you fail more than 6 times you shouldnt be able to take the test again for like 2 yrs, that way people that fluke the test once with a nice examiner wouldnt be able to drive, if you cant pass the firsat 6 times i doubt you ever will anyway, also charge raod tax on petrol, and include insurance like road tax is currently, so if you dont have one your easily caught.
The next prime minister !!!! :up: :up:
:D also make a special lorry lane on the m25/ build a wall, so they cant overtake, they have about 2mph advantage over the lorry infront so they will use that over the 30 miles is needed to overtake, holding up people trying to get pass both of the lorries/ cloging up the overtaking lane which
is just being used as an extra lane.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how about a driving test where you are on the phone talking to the instructor and another in the car and see how you cope :up: didnt help me son was watching toy story on the front monitor :hiding: ( i should be locked up i know) :zip: ;)

·
2,039 Posts
Z00M said:
how about a driving test where you are on the phone talking to the instructor and another in the car and see how you cope :up: didnt help me son was watching toy story on the front monitor :hiding: ( i should be locked up i know) :zip: ;)

Could be smoking too while tuning in your radio??? :hiding: :hiding:

·
Registered
202 Posts
it is all well and good banning you from using your mob. but its more dangerouse smoking whilts driving. if you drop it or summit.

·
Typhooner :)
6,592 Posts
stupid point but texting whilst driving is also illegal, and if you are a smoker, you're insurance could be higher cos you are likely to drive and smoke at the same time. i also know someone who got pulled for eating a mars bar at the wheel, cos that can be classed as drivin without due care and attention.

personally i am happy you cant use phone in car, i know someone who got hit by someone using a mobi in the car, the culprit took a turn too fast, only one hand on wheel, lost it and rammed head on it my friend, totalled both cars, broke my friends legs and arm, all he had to say was "i was late for a meeting" - better late than dead i say!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I smoke a lot and use the phone a lot (generally, not just when driving) and I tell you what, I can fetch, light smoke and discard a *** using one hand and without taking my eye off the road. You can't do that with a mobile.

Also, you can grip a *** and the wheel or gear stick at the same time, you can't grip a mobile and use the steering wheel effectively at the same time, you also can't grip a mobile in your mouth if you need both hands for anything.

When you recieve a phonecall, you need to listen, concentrate and make decisions based on what you are hearing whilst most smokers, smoke subconciously, you've been doing it so long you don't even think about it.

Useing a mobile without any mod is 100's of times more dangerous than smoking. Get a bluetooth headset, they work with nearly all modern bluetooth phones, and you can answer, hangup and use voice dialling and stuff. Much safer.

[edit] PS, the what if you drop it argument is void, cause most people would take the same action whether dropping a mobile or a ***, plus theres no chance of a mobile sliding under your brake pedal.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Useing a mobile without any mod is 100's of times more dangerous than smoking. Get a bluetooth headset, they work with nearly all modern bluetooth phones, and you can answer, hangup and use voice dialling and stuff. Much safer.
but you look a twat with this big thing wedged in ya ear :wman: and you either have to wear it all the time or fiddle with it to get it in your ear while driving LOL and ya carnt get passive phone LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts