MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was having a look at the cigar lighter earlier and pushed it back it, sparks flew everywhere, burning smell and the fans stop. Completey dead, checked the fuses but they're fine. Anyone heard of this problem be4? Could the wires to the fan motor have burnt though? Any help with be good :up:

·
455 Posts
I had the same problem, you've blown the pink ring fuse in the baox next to the battey. its about 80p to replace, but you can only get it from a main dealer, as its a strange shape fuse. it looks more like a relay than a fuse, but it has clear top and a fusible ring in the top of it.

Let me know how you got on Mulder

·
455 Posts
lloks like you owe me a pint mulder ;)

i can garuntee thats te problem, especialy if it was the ciggy lighter that you were muckin around with mate, took me 3 day's to figure out wot fuse had gone!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
next meet we're at and the pints urs :up:

and yeah was sat in kfc drive thru gettin bored so started pushing and turning everything :hiding:

·
455 Posts
lmao, i did the same thing when i was wiring me footwell neons in!

Arse was one of the many words i used! ;)

ggod job its only 12v!

·
455 Posts
when you see the fuse you'll say WTF?!

i've never seen one like that b4

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers mate, will have a looky for it in the morning, will head stright for the funkiest fuse in the box lol

·
455 Posts
its pink, lowards the bottom there are abou 4 of them

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool shouldnt be too hard to find then, was worried i would notice it at first, cheers for all this help bud!

·
455 Posts
no worries. its what this sites all about.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
your both rite! cheers again, saw straight away it had blown in daylight and cost me £2.24 to replace, good as new again :up: and its one hell of a strange little fuse. and its fixed just in time for the rr later today :wman:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts