MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think most people know that there wasnt much cash spent on the interior of the Zed mk1. I want to jazz mine up a little without spraying the air vents (not to keen on that). Bought a sweet gear knob but run out of ideas of what else to do really.

anyone got any good ideas or things that they have done to their Zed.

cheers

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
loads of options but i wouldnt have gone down the bucket seats route as i think oem mods look better... mk2 dash is meant to be a pain in the arse but well worth looking inot as thats what id planned, i went with streetwise seats and never looked back they were awesome and looked standard as they came standard in the streetwise ;)
if you want to keep the mk1 dash then spraying vents is a good route, either get ripped off on ebay or do them yourself in rover platinum silver its an awesome colour.... and keeping the mk1 dash allows you to get the r200 coupe armrest which is not only great looking in the zed but serves a handy storage purpose ;)

tf mirror is a must... just provisionally sold my last one sorry lol but very useful mod

if your car is red or black then brm interior is GORGEOUS!! but stu may kill you if you start copying him :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
loads of options but i wouldnt have gone down the bucket seats route as i think oem mods look better... mk2 dash is meant to be a pain in the arse but well worth looking inot as thats what id planned, i went with streetwise seats and never looked back they were awesome and looked standard as they came standard in the streetwise ;)
if you want to keep the mk1 dash then spraying vents is a good route, either get ripped off on ebay or do them yourself in rover platinum silver its an awesome colour.... and keeping the mk1 dash allows you to get the r200 coupe armrest which is not only great looking in the zed but serves a handy storage purpose ;)

tf mirror is a must... just provisionally sold my last one sorry lol but very useful mod

if your car is red or black then brm interior is GORGEOUS!! but stu may kill you if you start copying him :p
noted... where can i pick up rover platinum silver from?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
any paint supplier give them your paint code (which is on your door!) i went other route and left airvents and sprayed console and speedo surround! pic below :)

btw my car is starlight silver, so is the centre console :D

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Forgive my stupidity, but whats the advantage to the TF Mirror over the standard ZR one?
it has curtousy lights built into it that can be setup to come on with the interior light and individually switched on either side, there are a couple how to's on here if you search for "wiring" ;)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
noted... where can i pick up rover platinum silver from?
ive got one can left but its getting sold with my TF wheel lol, ebay has loads of them ;)

might sound daft but i think a nice set of mats can make a big difference to the interior. Plus you wont wear your carpet away 'cough' ' kyle' ' cough'
this is true, i had black velour tailored mats, with an amazing etched heelpad

was like the mg lozo with ZR offset into it slightly, with a border, all etched in stainless steel.... expensive to have done as it was custom but i snatched it off ebay for £40 :D
unfortunately i left them in the car that went to the scrappy and i wasnt allowed buy the car back, and dont know what yard it went to and is probs crushed now :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.