MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question from GSXR...........She went for her first drive today since her op :up: in a courtesy Rover 25 as her zed is in the dealers.

One thing she did notice tho was that when she unlocked the Rover the interior light came on and also when she turned the ignition off and took the key out.

Her zed doesnt do this, its a 2001 model 160, so the question is............does yours, cos mine does and its an 04 plate

Any help greatly received as hers is in the dealers now and she can get it sorted :up: :up:

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 52 reg does too!!! Check position of courtesy of go to the stealers might be able to sort it out for ya :up: :up:

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
o right just wondered if when they changed the interior, they changed the light but obviously not, lol :hiding:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
i cant remember when the interior changed but 03 spec cars had the new style plips which also have a new security unit which controls everything from the horn to interior lights, and can be programmed to turn the interior lights on when unlocking

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
mine does come on when i unlock and off when i lock, but dont come on when i take the key out of the ignoition like the newer ones!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
ZRVic said:
mine does come on when i unlock and off when i lock, but dont come on when i take the key out of the ignoition like the newer ones!
never checked the ignition thing during the day but does at nite, wonder if its in conjunction with the headlights?

G

·
The roof switch is a 3 positiion switch, ON/OFF/INTERMITTANT. When it is ON it is ON, whenit is OFF it is OFF when at intermittant, then it will be controlled either by the door switches or by the remote/ign

The switches in the door hinge are just earths (ie they have no power supply, so no good for tapping into for door switch controlled lights etc). What these do is to put an earth onto the MFU (Multi Function Unit). This is a clever piece of circuitry that will put the lights on inside when you disarm the alarm and keep them on for a few seconds until you either put your key in the ign and turn it on or the time limit runs out.

When you open the door, it makes the earth via the pin switch which puts the light on. If the ign is off, then this light will stay on for a short while before fading out. If the ign is on, then the light will cut out immediatly.

I dont think the age of the ZR has anything to do with it as my old 8 year old (will be 10 year old now) 214Si had this facility as well. If it isnt doing any of these functions then check the roof light switch initally. If that seems OK then you could have a wiring problem or a duff MFU

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
:up: :up: Thanks for that guys.

I had already checked the settings....my hubby reckons it comes on when its unlocked, but i dont think it does :hiding:
seeing as its at dealers i cant check...also the manual is in glove box so i cant look in ther either.
I left a message with dealer this morning and they are going to get back to me so will let you know.
My last car had loads of little bits in like that...and i really miss them :hurt:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts