MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm thinking about retrimming my headlining and also the pillars (don't like the dull cream colour) I definitely want to do all the pillars black to match the dash but I'm unsure on what colour suede to use on the headlining. It's either

Option 1

Black suede and then paint the interior light surround, sunroof switch, metal bit on sunroof cover (best I can describe it) and 2 plastic clips at the rear ignition blue to match my car colour. Also I would dye sun visors black.

Or

Option 2

Blue suede and then paint parts as above black the same as dash and pillars. Would do the sun visors black again as I think it would be hard to get them to match the blue.

I was just wondering if I could have your opinions and suggestions as to which option or share some of your ideas with me :thumbsup:

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
I've done mine black with all plastics in black too.

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Door cards are trimmed and plastic colour coded xpower grey.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick question do I need to take the dash out to remove the front pillars or will they come out without removing it ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been toying with making the interior black myself - just to get rid of the stained carpet and door pillars! The roof lining is an easy win but how should I go about changing the plastic colour?! Ordering replacements or is there a decent product on the market people recommend?!

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Spray paint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for reviving and old thread. I want to do this also however the previous owner removed the headliner and replaced it with thin fabric with the union flag on it. Looks kl. but not for me. How hard if I got one from a scrappy is it to remove and refit the headliner?!? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi it's pretty simple to do just have to remove the pillars around the edges of interior, remove interior light, sun visors, and there are to clips that are push fit but is pretty simple could be done in around a hour probably less tbh it took me an afternoon to do mine in the end but that was because of fitting new fabric and waiting for glue to dry etc also removed sunroof at the time, btw start from the back and work your way forwards when removing pillars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts