MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out the insurance groups today and found the atomix ZR to be 2 groups lower (7) than the 1.4 ZR (9). Whats the difference between the two models, and also how much should i be looking to pay to get insured on a ZR (1.4) -?- Im 17
Also taking into account the tricks like not making me 1st driver and all that b/s.
Thanks

·
1,232 Posts
I could've sworn that the 1.4 was only group 7 the other day.

Does anyone know if its possible parkers isnt 100% accurate?

The MG ZR Atomix SE looks the part with side sill finishers to complement the front and rear spoiler treatment, 16" ‘Hairpins’ MG alloy wheels and front fog lamps.
Sounds very odd too me that the insurance would be lower for the SAME car with MORE on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I thought it was a group 7 too, i thought all the 1.4s were group 7. I dont want a bloody atomic kitten a car lol.
I was looking at the parkers guid too. Is there any other websites with insurance group listings. Goin on a group 9 insurance would it be a lot?
Those bastard online quotes make me spend 10 mins filling them i, then say i got to ring, so im bored of doing that.

·
1,232 Posts
I found that 99.9% of insurers wont even quote you on the phone when youre 17.
BSM/RAC actually laughed at me when I asked.
Of all the quotes I got, only one was below £4,000.
Highest was in the region of £20,000.
[edit, again]
I'm not sure if hes still around, but IIRC newbz got insured for £1400 in his mothers name, not sure how he did it as you cant have the same NCB on 2 cars, but im sure he'll tell you how... But it was a right poo him trying to get any money back when his car was written off (even though it wasn't his fault).

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
CIS have a good policy if you've got a parent who'll go down as the owner and only named insurer of your car. then you can asked for an option that covers any driver including those under the age of 25. (with permission of your parent you can now driver your zr! lol sorry their zr).

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
i think 19 is the 1st age that will improve your insurance, then again at 21. Not sure but my mate said he got a chepaer quote being 19 than 18.

·
1,232 Posts
If I were you, I'd go out and buy the cheapest car I could find, and get insured on it.. That way at least you'll get some kind of NCB, which will knock a lot off.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Me being 22!!! needed cheaper quotes...got quotes from Admiral and More Than...

Then i had NO NCB...

£699 from Admiral FC

and £799 from More Than BUT more than said that they would give me and extra 1 yrs NCB at the end if i stayed with em....so i pay £100 more but next year ill have 2 yrs NCB...cool!!!

Best ive seen so far... and from my research i would recommend ppl check out...

Elephant
Admiral
More Than
Tesco

Time and time again these seem to be the best for us YOUNG(er) ZR drivers!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was £1300 for insurance for my G reg Polo when I passed my test 2 and a half years ago (I was 17), that was 3rd party, and I was only a named driver on my dads policy (he had full NCB!!!) - That was SHOCKING for a car that was only worth £400.

Bought my W plate 25 in January (18 years old at this point), again, got it insured as a named driver on my dads policy, got it for £650 Fully Comp, but with a £250 excess.

Insurance for the ZR was £1100 through Elephant, that was my own policy, Fully Comp with a £250 excess.

Think its best (if you can afford it), to pay the bit extra at the beginning, and built up some NCB, it pays off in the end..... im doing this just now, that way when im 25 I can abolish the excesses, and *hopefully* get myself a TF ;) (Still keeping the ZR of course!!!) only 5 years to go lol.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i'm 24 with a 105, all mods declared, with 1 yrs no claims and a fault claim in the last 3 yrs!! I pay £570ish (or about there!!)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts