MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right my first year is nealy up so of course i need to renew it i am a named driver and my mum is the main we both have 1 years no cliams as this is my first year driving and my mum has never had her own insurance untill now but has been driving for like 15 years.
anyways i paid 1700 last year that was my first year of ever driving but now i carnt get a cheeper qoute than 2800 so just wana no what pepole on here use. i am 18 with the 1.4 zr no mods just as it comes side skirts etc etc i was with quinn but they want 2794 off me now.

HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
234 Posts
im on the same set up was 1900 last year with quinn and 1300 this year with quinn so dont now where thats gone pete tong

·
Registered
506 Posts
try lancaster insurance services they do the offical mg owners club insurance but u dont need to b a member to get insurance i tried 15 companys and nobody could touch them.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
adrian flux?

this is my second year with them, nobody else comes close.

·
Registered
456 Posts
anybody ever tried one of the local independent insurance companies?? as in ones that are just tiny. dont know if that makes sense but theres a few around where i live with just one little shop thats out of the way.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Elephant/Admiral were good for me. i had been driving 3 years but had 0 ncb as i was insured through my dad and my first quote on 105 was £1000 and renewal was £600

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
try lancaster insurance services they do the offical mg owners club insurance but u dont need to b a member to get insurance i tried 15 companys and nobody could touch them.
Thats who im with too.

Another solution is get on your own policy and generate your own no claims because you will loose alot more if you get caught fronting !

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thats who im with too.

Another solution is get on your own policy and generate your own no claims because you will loose alot more if you get caught fronting !
I went on that lancaster one there n put all my details in just outta curiosity and it came back £2000 as cheapest quote...never put anythin dif down lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
try endsliegh, there the cheapest i could find for young drivers. mine is 2200 mind!
can't see you getting cheaper than what you were paying before tho

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
i found tesco to be cheap, i know its a hell of alot different but ive only got 2 years no claims and on my celica which is a group 17 car with 190bhp its only 570

·
Registered
769 Posts
Tesco compare website is meant to be good although noone would touch me on there.
I just got my quote through adrian flux noone could come close.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've been with AXA direct as the past two years and they've been very compeditive. Until this year, when Norwich Union quoted £300. That's with a JanSpeed back box declared and 3 years NCB. Although, NI may be slightly different to you!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Norwich union quoted me £1700 and i been with them for 4 years lol well they are funny anyway the renewal came through for old car and its £120 more than last year idiots

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have been toying with the idea of going on my own its going to cost me 2400 but i think i would be worth it in the long run woudent it as when i get my ncb it should drop loads i hope anyways i will keep trying all your idea to try and get somthing cheeper.

scott

·
Registered
506 Posts
go on your own insurance mate i made that mistake didn`t have own till was in 25 last year cost me 400 with no no claims this year cost me 300 fully comp 150 excess

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
best to go on your own mate i had the same prob as u im payin 1250 fully comp with 3 points and mod's declaired and im 19 with no ncb due to being on parents insurance, little tip try adding ur mum as a named driver, and try www.bell.co.uk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts