MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bother wants an MG ZR 1.4

Anyone on here aged 17 driving a 1.4?? if so how much was insurance and who with??

Thanks

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, will probs have to put him under my mums name

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Or get an understated (also cheaper) R200 VI and spend the budget you had for just the 1.4 ZR on paying the insurance for your own fully comp policy
the Vi will be cheaper to buy but they probably wont touch him on insurance. The Vi is insurance group 14, i have 3 years no claims and 3 points and im stil paying about £800.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Just trying show that its a balancing act between car price and insurance price
i understand that but the VI will be a big task to insure at 17.

for my first car i had a 1.1 fiesta and i was still paying £1500. Imo for the first year youre better getting a ****ter and just getting some experience and that first year NCB and then upgrading as it will be a lot cheaper.

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what over cars could he get? he wants something that looks nice and sporty but cheap to insure, hes not to fussed out how fast the car is.

He will have to go under our mums policey but he also want to mod a car aswell, do insurance companys allow modified cars with named drivers?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
buy a 200 and stick skirts on it and rear bumper from ZR imo! i know he will insure a 1.4 200 cus my gaffer just got quote for his son! and you can pick them up cheap cheap then part chop it for a Zed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.