MG ZR Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm with admiral in 25 with no ncb at all paying under 800 a year plus I have my lass on to who has a few years no claims droped couple of hundred put a named driver on with no claims might drop mate
Plus been a named driver since 17 on my cars lol until I was 25 so it would drop lol
Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
100 Posts
my insurance quote was cheaper when I chose the option that the car was parked on the street at night compared to the drive. work that one out?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
my insurance quote was cheaper when I chose the option that the car was parked on the street at night compared to the drive. work that one out?
Some insurers find that this is lower risk. One reason being, car parked on driveway, house is broken into car is stolen. Car parked in street, how do they know which house to break into to get keys?

We prefer Garage > Driveway > Street

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

tel: 01707 642552

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh this is great, just what I was looking for.

Wanted a ZR 160 and Aviva offered me £1,250 w/ 2 years NCD. They then changed their minds and I can't do the 160 anymore. Gonna give Flux and Knott a go on a 160; otherwise I might have to go Diesel... >:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Look out for deals. I'm on a policy with Churchill and I believe direct line do the same. After the first year I get 2 years ncb which is a massive bonus! Going to try getting the same deal from another company for my 2nd yrs insurance and end up with 4 quite quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brilliant thread! I am extremely happy to say that I have been very careful with my insurance as I've been driving for about year and a half now (before I had a 1.4 Honda Civic 5 door) but cancelled my insurance before the ncb etc, recently I've bought a zr 105 and managed to get my insurance for 1300 a year (I'm 18) which is almost half what I paid for the civic, obviously due to my age I had to go for a black box but so far I've had to declare things such as my heko wind deflectors and the subwoofer I have in the boot but definitely worth it as if It does come to an accident I will be covered with no trouble where as the others my age slamming their 1.0 polo's and corsa sxi's will have trouble just due to non declaring, I can't have any more mods for the time being unless I go for a different company but looking at the bright side that gives me more time and money to look at the technical sides such as better oils, spark plugs and general service! (Just to avoid head gasket failure ;) I'm sure the rest of the mg community will approve!)

I may get hate for this but at the end of the day I'm being fair unlike a lot of other people my age...!

101 - 106 of 106 Posts