MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st : Which springs should I buy as I know AVO's are pretty common...

2nd : How much would they cost to firstly buy then secondly fit...

3rd : My sisters C2 VTR was lowered and every bump felt like we were driving over loose bricks, such a hard ride... Is this they way they all are?

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
1st: Just go for avos or PIs i reckon

2nd: cost £100ish + pNp for springs, £40ish for fitting if a forum member, or £80-120ish at a garage

3rd: nah, on mk1 no difference in ride with the avos fitted, on a mk2 you will notice it being slightly stiffer.

cheers

rory

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool :D Where will i buy the springs from?
Il be waiting till the end of the month probably, but gonna start lookin for em !

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Or another option for fitting is buy some spring compressors for £20 and fit them yourself :)

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
3rd: nah, on mk1 no difference in ride with the avos fitted, on a mk2 you will notice it being slightly stiffer.

cheers

rory
I have to disagree (about mk1)

A previous post of mine:-

When I got the avos on my ZR I loved them. By the time I sold it I absolutely hated them. The car does look so much better with them on i agree. The handling is much improved, but ONLY on good road surfaces.

On bumpy corners, my car used to skip across the road. I can take the same corners faster in the zs on std springs than I ever could in the zr due to this. On a great road though, avos are amazing. It was the bad roads and pot holes that p1ssed me off
The ride is a fair bit harder on black avos. I used to dread having passengers in the car cos they always complained about the harshness. Red avos seem to be a skightly better compromise

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I actually find red AVO's and 18" wheels to be a harsh combo.
Nice roads are great, but old roads & potholes are a complete BASTARD.
I find myself cringing most of the time as I worry about what sort of damage is being caused haha.

It is harsher I reckon, even on red AVO's.
But it looks great, and generally, I don't push my car at all really, so I don't notice that it makes harsh cornering any worse etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts