MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently fitted a closed induction kit. Should be noticing a dramatic change in fuel comsumption. it seems petrol lasts half the time it did when I had a pipercross open cone. Or do you think its the way I'm driving now as I know I can get that little bit more out of my zed. I havn't noticed any change in driving style but I don't think I would as I'm the 1 driving.

bit of good news I received my site stickers yesterday and must say they have set my zed off a treat.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
to be perfectly honest mate the type of induction kit you have will make very little difference to fuel consumption. if u are seeing worse economy, its probably because you are used to being able to hear the roar of the open cone so you are putting ur foot downmore to hear the new enclosed kit :)

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
to be perfectly honest mate the type of induction kit you have will make very little difference to fuel consumption. if u are seeing worse economy, its probably because you are used to being able to hear the roar of the open cone so you are putting ur foot downmore to hear the new enclosed kit :)
I agree, but also with an open cone you will be getting hot air ingestion. This means a reduction in performance due to heatsoak, especially from a standstill so to get the same performance as before, you have to put your foot down more which also shows as increased fuel consumption.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
I agree, but also with an open cone you will be getting hot air ingestion. This means a reduction in performance due to heatsoak, especially from a standstill so to get the same performance as before, you have to put your foot down more which also shows as increased fuel consumption.
yeah i know nick, but if u read what hes said, hes claiming that he is getting LESS MPG with an enclosed kit than he did with an open cone, lol :bounce:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.