MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I read the earlier posts on dial mods and I am trying to get hold of the indigo ones mentioned. I'm very new to all this modding and stylising so I havent a clue where to get them from. I checked ebay, mg-rover.org and some others mentioned but I cant seem to find them.

If anyone can shed some light on the subject I would appreciate it.
PS. I'm an absolute novice when it comes to cars
Cheers,

Chris :)

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
That Dark Knight dude had them in his zed...PM him cos he knows his modding stuff....plus Droogs always 'Happy to Help'....

Thay look well cool in some zeds..like i saw in ZRX on Sunday...but not my thing as a like the OE ones for my particular zed!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Chr1s said:
Hello,

I read the earlier posts on dial mods and I am trying to get hold of the indigo ones mentioned. I'm very new to all this modding and stylising so I havent a clue where to get them from. I checked ebay, mg-rover.org and some others mentioned but I cant seem to find them.

If anyone can shed some light on the subject I would appreciate it.
PS. I'm an absolute novice when it comes to cars
Cheers,

Chris :)
If you mean the indigo dials that light up blue/green then there have been a few threads posted about them already ( see links at the end of this) As far as I am aware, there are 3 ways to go regarding changing the dials on your ZR with varying results and difficulty.

The easist is to use some EL wire stuck to the inside of the instruments to illuminate the dials from the front. I have done this as have a few others and it has given some pretty good results.

There was a guy on the MG-Rover.org site that got some electro luminescent ones made up that would glow green or blue depending on the settings. These were nearly £100 but after some chatting with Stewart (Yellow peril) they have been reduced as they didnt sell as well as he hoped. These just slip over the top of your standard dials and can be quite fiddly. A few people have broken the needles doing this as they are so fragile.

The other option is to get a complete custom made dial set from some one like Metal-Monkey (contact direct or give Des a call over at Banshee Motorsport). This is probably the hardest as it entails a lot of work and potential diasters with breaking needles, but the dials can be made to your own colours/fonts/designs)

There have been a few threads about this subject including some pictures of mine and other peoples dials so you can make your own mind up
http://www.themgzr.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1973&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

http://www.themgzr.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1931

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got mine off oliver on the mgrover.org site, the electro luminescent set, i got a mate who works wit moddin cars to fit them, and he said they were very easy to fit and a perfect fit, said they were even easier to fit than original ractive sets, so id go wit them..
JQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts