MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side indicator has a fault. it seems to only work every now and then and Ive had it apart to see whats the matter but nothing seems to work and make it stay working haha!

Does anyone know how to fix it or trace the problem? If it helps, its the one in the bumper.

Cheers

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i did all that and even took the connector off to check that and everything seems fine but then it still only works every now and then

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
If the bulb is faulty or the connection is faulty then normally the indicators on that side will flash at double the speed as the reduced resistance is sensed.

The ZR does not use a flasher relay as such but uses a standard relay. The flashing is done by an electrical circuit built into the hazard warning switch. If you remove or disconnect your hazard warning switch then not only do you lose your hazards but you will find that your indicators will not work nor will you have any visual indication when you lock/unlock the car.

Take the cnetre vents out and have a look at the wiring/plug connection on the back of the hazard warning switch

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i did that and its still not working properly. this is ridiculous haha!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Is it just one indicator that does not work or the whole side of the car? If it is just 1 indicator then it is either bulb, wiring or holder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts