MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got an issue with my indicators that are not working ! the hazards are working and the flasher unit is clicking . All fuses have been checked all bulbs working replaced two of them .
Any ideas on a fix as I have an MOT booked for Friday morning .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I didn’t word it correctly …..
Hazards are working
fuses , relay , bulbs all seem to be ok

cannot put my finger on what’s stopping the indicators from working at all .
I’ve replaced the indicator stalk and the lights all work on the stalk but not the indicators

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not yet … I have replaced the hazard switch aswell as the other things I’ve tried :
Indicator stalk
Replaced all bulbs
Checked and replaced fuses and flasher relay unit

I am stumped … any ideas would be very much appreciated as it’s the only thing stopping me from driving it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have checked that it had some rust on it and on the bolt so I’ve replaced the bold cleaned the replaced earth connectors and still no luck

·
Administrator
146 Posts
To me it is strange that if you press hazards switch indicators work fine, but when try that with stalk switch they do not work. I would go and measure every wire with multimeter, to see what you have, and what you do not have, actualy use elimination process to see where the problem is.

Having in kind all what was replaced, at this moment I am suspecting that stalk switch have some problem. Maybe connector is tk blame for stalk switch, and you do not have good contact there. Unfortunately, this is wild guessing. As I sadi, I would go out and start measuring with multimeter what is good and where.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts