MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the answer to this will probably involve hoogie calling me a mong (for a change) but I need to know anyway...

The front indicator lenses on the front bumper...can they be replaced? For clear lenses rather than the ribbled effect they are as standard? would it be a bumper removal job or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,562 Posts
john you mong
the lens just pops out m8...with the help of a small flat bladed screw driver....there will be a metal clip thingy on one side of the lens......no need to remove the bumper......
 

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooooooh clive thank u!!!

so can you get replacements? and who from? Cos now Ive started with the whole "modern look" thing with the snake eyes Ive got a taste for it!!
 

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
emma said:
just pops straight out!! :mrsmiley:
what about the lenses emma? :eek:oops: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,562 Posts
john have you thought about replacing the front indicator bulbs(orange ones) and replacing them with silvatech bulbs...it make"s a nice difference....
a very effective mod....
 

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed....Emma understands me faaaaaar too well...

Back to topic, Ive PM'd stewart about these (if they exist), be interested to see what sort of price they are even if I dont have them...
 

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MR C said:
john have you thought about replacing the front indicator bulbs(orange ones) and replacing them with silvatech bulbs...it make"s a nice difference....
a very effective mod....
Yup...thats plan B...need some silvatechs for me red snakes anyway...if I did replace the front lenses Id need silvatechs anyway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,457 Posts
john got your pm , will make some enquiries but i am not aware at present of a direct replacement /clear lens being available . al(mustang) took bulbs to lose the orange look to the indicators so who knows could be effective.
 

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers stewart...ur a star as always!!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
yellow-peril said:
john got your pm , will make some enquiries but i am not aware at present of a direct replacement /clear lens being available . al(mustang) took bulbs to lose the orange look to the indicators so who knows could be effective.
oh yeah!! We're putting silvertech bulbs in, probably saturday!!

so i'll put some pics up for ya jibbles!!

sorry, i completely forgot about that!! ](*,)
 

·
CheeseKitten
Joined
·
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cool...cheers Emz....such lovely people on here :mrsmiley:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,916 Posts
Jib 21 said:
I know the answer to this will probably involve hoogie calling me a mong (for a change) but I need to know anyway...

The front indicator lenses on the front bumper...can they be replaced? For clear lenses rather than the ribbled effect they are as standard? would it be a bumper removal job or something?




In good time.......im working on them...... :-$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,532 Posts
I have had silvertech bulbs in mine almost from the day I bought the car. Makes a big difference to the look (no more fried egg looking indicators). Gives the front of the car a nice clean fresh look without a hint of colour on the lamps.

Pic courtesy of Michael Whitestone and totalMG magazine.

Apologies for posting this pic again, but it does show how much difference it can make with silver indicator bulbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,457 Posts
nick you can post this picture as many times as you like ill never tire of looking at it .

but youre right looks crisp from the front. =D> =D> =D>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,532 Posts
Thanks guys, but all credit to Michael for making it look as good as it does. Anyone that went to the RR day and have seen the results from there will know what I am talking about
(sorry
)
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top