MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of seriously doing some work to my zed... so ive been thinking about getting another car as a runaround... Im thinking of a little corsa or a mini :) ... all im gona need it for is going to work & back and dropin the lil one off.. Cheap to run etc.... Anyone got any suggestions? Dont wana spend much on it...

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
500quid old mini

or i had a old punto well 1999 77k good nick and got it for £400

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah id actually quite like a really old mini! Be well easy too park as well n they are well cute!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wont matter that much as its only gota last while i do up my zed... Cause ill be spending less moeny on petrol and ill appreciate my zed a lot mroe when i get init! It gives me chance to get it perfect! Ideally iw ant a T-16 conversion init!

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
i bought a little 306 d turbo as a run around, managed to pick one up really cheap...gives 45-50mpg if driven properly, cheap to run aswell

lower insurance group 5 and has a bit of poke to it aswell

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good... What litre engine was that? I ant a nice little easy car! Easy to park and run! Insurance isnt too much of a problem as i have no claims and i can just add it as another car on the policy for a small amount!

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
Sounds good... What litre engine was that? I ant a nice little easy car! Easy to park and run! Insurance isnt too much of a problem as i have no claims and i can just add it as another car on the policy for a small amount!
its a 1.9 turbo diesel

puntos are also good run abouts

what about one of them dinky fiats?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont want a fiat! LOl... Duno why just wouldnt drive on personally! Dont feel safe in them! Thinkin of spending £500 probably... really wanta mini :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turbo'd up punto's are pretty quick but dont think i can get one for £500... Wonder how much the insurance is on one!

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
i have a turbo diesel punto, thing is brilliant, i done 30k in a year in it and it never missed a beat. brilliant on fuel economy, need to get it cleaned and put up for sale actually

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much would you be wanting for it?

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
how much would you be wanting for it?
not sure, ppl are looking for about 1g on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-FIAT-PUN...hash=item360065538117&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

it needs a new drivers side lock, but has just had 6 months tax last month so about 500 i reckon,

its a

p reg 1.7 Turbo diesel punto.
MOT till Jan/Feb (cant remember exactly)
Just taxed last month
110,000 miles
2 new tyres at mot (Yokohama i might ad)
Recently serviced

If your interested let me know mate

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah i probably will be... it'll prob be in a couple of monetsh ill have the moeny though... could you hold on taht long? What colour is it btw? Any pics??? Quite interested...

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Yeah i probably will be... it'll prob be in a couple of monetsh ill have the moeny though... could you hold on taht long? What colour is it btw? Any pics??? Quite interested...
sorry mate wont be keeping it that long, i owe my old man alot of money so need to shift it, should easily punt it as diesel cars tend to go really easy.

its grey, dont think i have any pictures, ill have a look though, its just a regular punto, few dings and dents but a solid little runner, got me about for the year when my conversion was getting done, and its actually quite a quick car, car thumpjunkie a fright when he was in his 140

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha lol... well when you put it up for sale properly let me know and ill see what moneys are like.... Cheers mate!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sunflower oil! 1/4 tank of the stuf!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts