MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone needs advice with choosing or fitting ice please feel free to PM me.

I am not the end and be all but I have gained a lot on knowledge in the last few months and I am happy to share it with any one who needs it :D

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
matey wanna come down to london and fit a sub and an amp

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
did ya what u ran all the cable through to ur head unit

·
Registered
421 Posts
Your amp is run from the battery.. red cable and your earth.. black cable can be placed on the passager side theres a perfict place to screw it no drilling req if you look up where the back speakers are ull see what im on about :) the main speaker wires are run from teh head unit to the amp then from amp to the subs :) dunno where u hide the wire i got stuck my self :p

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best palce to hide wires is down the side you need to pull up all your trim!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i found best place to hide all the wires was down the front of the car past the gear stick n hand break... all u need to do it take off the dashboard molding and the plastic round the gear n hand break and then bobs ya uncle :D

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jonnaz said:
whers the best place to hide some 0 guage wire?
Fot that I would be pulling up carpets its thick!

The difficult part would be the transition from cabin into boot however if you are willing to pull the car apart then you can take the back trims (If you have a 3 door) right off (You need to unbolt seatbelt scary stuff!)

It does fit as I have 3 sets of decent RCAs down the drivers side so it can be done

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
glad im not doing it just been down to autosounds and matty has had t cut the sections of foam from under carpet under the passenger seat. got some pics that ill post when its all finished hopfully tomorrow at the mo its just a mass of cables and mdf.

·
R6 Owner
585 Posts
muz said:
jonnaz said:
whers the best place to hide some 0 guage wire?
Fot that I would be pulling up carpets its thick!

The difficult part would be the transition from cabin into boot however if you are willing to pull the car apart then you can take the back trims (If you have a 3 door) right off (You need to unbolt seatbelt scary stuff!)

It does fit as I have 3 sets of decent RCAs down the drivers side so it can be done
Ive got 0g running down the passenger side and tbh theres plenty of room to hide it under the carpet, ive also got 3 sets rcas running down drivers side.

Just take the car to bits - it will be ok when you put it back together

and

you will have loads of extra bolts etc what you can use for other jobs :wink: \:D/ \:D/

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maddsy said:
you will have loads of extra bolts etc what you can use for other jobs :wink: \:D/ \:D/
And strange plastic things that break really easily :-k

An metal clips (Don't have a clue where that came from)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Muz, what you said on Sunday regarding me head unit and the sub woofer wire, i was al a waste of time becuase i forgot all of it, so please could you remeber what you said and put it on here in Black and white!!!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
iv got a xpod 12icnh 1200w sub and amp, getin another of them and a xpod head unit and a sony cd changer(thanks to tony) but what i cant decide is what speacker and 6x9s to get what would u recommend

·
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kev

THe rcas coming from the back of your H/U are wierd
I have done some rooting around and can't find a decent solution so I will sort something out at crail for ya (so long as I can find someone with an amp in theier car!)

Newbz

Are you going for a sub? If so you don't want 6x9s in the shelf as the air from the sub fecks with them unless you put them in a bow under the hself (I just so happen to have one already made postage plus £5 if you want it)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts